Servos servo rebuilding help

Sparse

I have two servos that need new gears, However I have a few questions.

1) I know I need the gear set

2) Do I need the unit to center the servos ? if so what is it called and could someone post a link.

3) What kind of grease should I put on the gears ?

4) Lastly when the rebuild is finished how tight should I re-tighten the servo case ?

Tony

Staff member
The servo will center it's self. Just make sure you get the output gear set on the Pot correctly. There is only two ways it can fit on there, but only one way it will fit on there where the case will go on. Don't force it. If you have to force it, then turn the gear 180º.

Grease should be white silicone grease, but you can use black or red if that is all you have. As long as there is thick lube!

And you just want to snug it up. Last thing you want to do is strip out the case.

Sparse

Do I plug it in and rebuild ? If not how will it center it self ? after the rebuild ? I just do not want to put the gears on wrong ( not Centered ) and on that topic when we say centered are we taking 50 in 50 out or no. We really need to get a how to video up on the forum on how to do this, Thanks in advance for your help Tony.

murankar

Staff member
First rebuild the servo while its not powered. Then once you complete the rebuild then center the servo.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
There should be no reason to center the servo. As long as you put that output gear back on teh pot like it came off, it will center it's self. And do not plug it in when doing it. The motor will just keep running. You will see what I mean when you get into it. Just remember the order of the gears!

Sparse

Thanks man, looking at it the align web site in servos I searched for mine, DS415m they have a diagram / exploded view of whats going on. The one Im going to order new gear sets and stuff.

Top Bottom