Micro Servo question.

Rob Lancaster

I'm interested in the Align 150X.
Does anyone know if the servos are solid? Or at least, are they rebuildable, after a crash?

Rob Lancaster

Thanks Geena, yeah, I found those a couple of days later.
As usual I'm behind the times. I was first interested in the Align 150X. But the new version of that is the T15. I'm sure you know that, right. Proving once again, I'm behind the times, LOL!

Anyway, the newer T15 needs a smart phone to program it. And because I'm behind the times, I ain't got one. I just got one of those, (if I survive the crash, I'll call for help phones). I really want to replace my Blade 130S because the servos are way too fragile. The rest of the chopper is solid, but the servos have sent me to both the bank and sick bay, to many times. One time I almost needed stitches. Bad Heli, bad!! I've learned that if a servo fails with a DFC system, watch out!!!!!!>>>>>>>>

Morral of the story, when dealing with a DFC system, make sure your servos are up to the task. HA! DID I learn anything? LOL....

Hey, while I'm at it, does anyone know if it's possible to download the T15 app/ or program to a windows 10 PC??? Or is my thinking still behind the times. Ok! Stop laughing you guys!.........
Thanks all............

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You are not the only one that's behind in times. My wife is too. To this day she still can't turn on our entertainment system. She was born 100yrs to late :damnit:

Tony

Staff member
I have some videos on the Align 150x servos when I did a metal gear conversion. I can assure you, the plastic gears are fine and they are good servos for what they are controlling. WAY BETTER than the linear servos that are on the 130x. And as Geena stated, they are rebuildable as you will likely strip gears when you crash.

As for the program, I'm pretty sure you can use an Android emulator on your computer to run the program. It likely uses Bluetooth so you will either need a computer that has Bluetooth or have a dongle. I'm just thinking out loud here as I have not tried this as I do not own the newer version of the 150.

Rob Lancaster

I have some videos on the Align 150x servos when I did a metal gear conversion. I can assure you, the plastic gears are fine and they are good servos for what they are controlling. WAY BETTER than the linear servos that are on the 130x. And as Geena stated, they are rebuildable as you will likely strip gears when you crash.

As for the program, I'm pretty sure you can use an Android emulator on your computer to run the program. It likely uses Bluetooth so you will either need a computer that has Bluetooth or have a dongle. I'm just thinking out loud here as I have not tried this as I do not own the newer version of the 150.

Yeah, those linear servos on the blade 130S are dangerously unreliable. I like the idea that I can rebuild the servos to their former glory. Just look at Align's T15G. She looks solid. I like the new direct drive main motor too.

Just one thing though.
Does this heli suffer from the ole tail motor effect? You know, she turns easier in one direction than the other? That is if anyone has one yet.

Hey Tony, what is an Android emulator? I know Android is a smart phone's OS. But what is an emulator and how does it work?
My computer here does have Bluetooth...

RandyDSok

An Android emulator is simply a specialized virtual machine that allows you to run Android and the programs for it on your standard computer.

Here is a list of at least some of them... See The best Android emulators for PC and Mac of 2022

It has been way too long since I've run an emulator that I can no longer recommend any one of them... I just don't have experience with any of them now.

Tony

Staff member
Most tail motor driven helicopters will turn faster to the right than they do to the left. I cannot say anything on the new helicopter as I don't have one, but my 150x does piro faster to the right.

Rob Lancaster

An Android emulator is simply a specialized virtual machine that allows you to run Android and the programs for it on your standard computer.

Here is a list of at least some of them... See The best Android emulators for PC and Mac of 2022

It has been way too long since I've run an emulator that I can no longer recommend any one of them... I just don't have experience with any of them now.

Wow Randy, you made it easy to solve my little problem.
Went to the above suggested link and did some reading. So that's an emulator. I chose BlueStacks 5 and had no trouble downloading it. At first, I didn't know if it was going to work because I didn't know all the stuff, I was watching on the screen during the download was normal. Just all part of the download, I guess. After the download was complete, I once again attempted to download the T15G app to this here computer. This time It didn't take long for the T15G icon to show up. Harray!!! It worked! Now there's just one little problem left, I need to score the heli, ha!
Thanks Randy..........

Rob Lancaster

Most tail motor driven helicopters will turn faster to the right than they do to the left. I cannot say anything on the new helicopter as I don't have one, but my 150x does piro faster to the right.

I should've known, it must be the inherent nature of the that type of heli. (tail motor speed) vs (pitch control) of the blades.

Tony

Staff member
It's the pitch of the blades, speed is the same both ways on these motors as they have 0º of timing, at least in most cases. But they are curved in a way to promote a stable tail. But if the new one is anything like the original, you will not have an issue with tail stability. It's solid.

Rob Lancaster

It's the pitch of the blades, speed is the same both ways on these motors as they have 0º of timing, at least in most cases. But they are curved in a way to promote a stable tail. But if the new one is anything like the original, you will not have an issue with tail stability. It's solid.

Excellent!! Thanks buddy...

Top Bottom