500 Servo question

trainrider06

Would these servos work with my 500 TRex pro?? KST DS515mg Hi power.
I have a Castle 75a Talon esc. i am wondering since they say hi power if I need some other system or something to run em???

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Would these servos work with my 500 TRex pro?? KST DS515mg Hi power.
I have a Castle 75a Talon esc. i am wondering since they say hi power if I need some other system or something to run em???
Hey trainrider06, those are the same ones that I use on my 500. Matter of fact, all 3 of my helis have KST servos all around. I'm pleased with their performance, quick! Just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's is the site I order from.Aloft Hobbies - KST DS515MG Servo - 6.5 kg, .05/sec - High Voltage There's the lowest price I can find.

trainrider06

Hey trainrider06, those are the same ones that I use on my 500. Matter of fact, all 3 of my helis have KST servos all around. I'm pleased with their performance, quick! Just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's is the site I order from.Aloft Hobbies - KST DS515MG Servo - 6.5 kg, .05/sec - High Voltage There's the lowest price I can find.

Hey man hows it going? Good I hope! Thanks for getting back to me.....well I have noticed that their are these red KST servos and then there are these black ones, and they say hi voltage....do the red ones say this too??

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey man hows it going? Good I hope! Thanks for getting back to me.....well I have noticed that their are these red KST servos and then there are these black ones, and they say hi voltage....do the red ones say this too??
If I'm not mistaken, the color doesn't mean anything. I did order the blk ones once and got red instead. They both have the same ingredients, LOL

holtneil

Hi Rodney if they are HV servos just run the FBL unit and servos and receiver off a 2 cell lipo , and then run the motor off the 6 cell your flight time will come up a tiny bit , as your not powering everything off the 6 cell , zippy compact is about the best for price and your get 4 good flights off the 2200 pack
ZIPPY Compact 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack

trainrider06

Hi Rodney if they are HV servos just run the FBL unit and servos and receiver off a 2 cell lipo , and then run the motor off the 6 cell your flight time will come up a tiny bit , as your not powering everything off the 6 cell , zippy compact is about the best for price and your get 4 good flights off the 2200 pack
ZIPPY Compact 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack

Uhhg! That sounds more complicated than my pea brain can handle!

holtneil

Hi Rodney its not you use the lipo as a bec , so you take a servo lead best to use 22 awg rate , the on one end solder a XT60 the servo plug end goes onto the FBL unit ( same as a BEC would) ,so when your ready to go and fly plug in the 2 cell battery let gyro set up in turn this powers the servos and receiver, then plug in the 6 cell for the motor and go have fun

Last edited:

trainrider06

Hi Rodney its not you use the lipo as a bec , so you take a servo lead best to use 22 awg rate , the on one end solder a XT60 the servo plug end goes onto the FBL unit ( same as a BEC would) ,so when your ready to go and fly plug in the 2 cell battery let gyro set up in turn this powers the servos and receiver, then plug in the 6 cell for the motor and go have fun

Sounds easy, but I am gonna just rebuild these servos I think, the repair costs are already up over $160.00 on this thing! I really did a number on it......:(

holtneil

Hi Rodney as long as its only gears that have gone , remove the gears and check thats the motors are ok they should just spin when powered through the receiver , also check the tops on the inside I had a location mount snap off in side the top so no where for the shaft to lock into

trainrider06

Hi Rodney as long as its only gears that have gone , remove the gears and check thats the motors are ok they should just spin when powered through the receiver , also check the tops on the inside I had a location mount snap off in side the top so no where for the shaft to lock into
Yeah that's been a thought, I probably should have cracked em open before ordering gears. I had one do that also to me.

Top Bottom