General Servo Issue

Harford

Following on from an earlier post, I am going through a pre flight maintenance review of the first of my helis - in this case a Trex Dominator 450L DFC. I noticed that manual manipulation of the Aileron servo was not a smooth movement, ie moved freely and then locked, more manipulation, it move smoothly and then locked in position again. I have jumped to the conclusion there is an issue, however, if I use a servo centering device as well as a servo tester which is meant to move the servo through its' range, then all seems ok.

Any advice please on how I can ascertain the servos are ok ?

Smoggie

Hard to know if there is a problem without more details, preferably a video. However servos on a FBL do not move directly in accordance with stick input, which is perfectly normal for a FBL heli but can cause confusion.

If the servos operate normally on a servo tester then you can be pretty sure it's not a servo fault.

Harford

Thank you for your advice. I have taken a video on my iphone but struggling to work out how to upload it. I have tried the upload tab but cannot locate the video on my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Harford

Realise it is the wrong place to be posting this but I need help with instructions on how to upload my video taken on an iphone. It is 69.4MB 34 secs and the message I get is the file is too large. Any suggestions please.

Harford

Is anyone able to comment please on the video. Is this normal or do I have a problem ?
Many thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom