600 servo help

pj1969

hello again guys, hit a little problem.... I've just changed my 3 FUTABA 3010 servo's for 3 HK heavy duty digital ones, 2 are fine, but the 3rd which is the elevator servo, the linkages are not lining up,As you look at the servo horn, the link above and bellow the center bolt are a couple of mm off. i've looked at both servo's and the FUTABA horn gear that you attach the horn in about 3-4mm off. i'v connected it but the ends of the ball links and center of servo dont line up. I've made up a new link which is slightly smaller to try and bring it all back in line, but i seem to be not getting the same servo movement. Do the links have to be the same size or can one be slightly diff length and be adjusted in radio or is it critical to get them the same????? As always any help is great :05.18-flustered:

DAL2855

Banned
Well first off, you need to 90 the servo horns, then adjust the linkages to ensure that the swashplate is level at the midstick position and you should be good to go then!

Westy

LEGEND
you must have them on the same how out from the securing bolt on the servo arm.

I am guessing you are talking about cyclics on a heli?

First you need a 0,25,50,75,100 pitch curve and you must have your radio set at mid stick on the pitch (disconnect 2 motor wires first)
you need to get all the Mechanical arms ... as close to 90º as physically possible .... then you use your TX sub trims (not trims) to get them perfect.

Then you will never touch those subtrims again ... put on your linkages and change the link lengths to get perfect swash levelling.

Tony

Staff member
Pictures or a video would help to explain the exact issue you are having a bit better. I have many images in my head of what could be going on. Just need some clarification.

pj1969

I know they have to be at 90* and my swash level, but it was actually the ball links which don't line up like the other ones do. I will try and take a picture when I finish work. Cheers guys

pj1969

I've taken some pics as to whats going on, the pic of servo is a moc up of one on heli and you can see that the ball links dont line up with center of servo, which is throwing out high and low stick levels on swash. hope you get what i mean????
IMG_4488.jpgmid stick.jpglow stick.jpgIMG_4491.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

sorry guys they loaded up on the side and labeled wrong haha, not the best with a macbook lol hope you get the drift? mid stick is ok, low is aileron and pitch to low and high they are too high. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_4488.jpg

mid stick.jpg

low stick.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

Slobberdog

Dude you have to use opposite holes, look at youre servo horn and you have groups of 3 holes if yo use the centre hole on both groups that are opposite then they will join a line through the servo horn mounting bolt, if you are unsure what i mean think of looking at your servo horn as a cross.

pj1969

i cant mate, it pulls the horn to an angle. i actually use a 6 sided star plate to fit them too, they didnt line up like the other 2,doing my nut in.

Tony

Staff member
As stated, you need to use the center holes on the arm. You can achieve this by cutting some of the linkage ball end off so that you can screw them down more. I had to do this on the elevator linkage on my 600 so that I could drop my swash down on a non adjustable elevator link.

pj1969

all sorted, i changed the link for a different size and also the horn for a 6 pointed one and re-set swash level and played around with start and end points on dx6i and test flown and seems sweet, will give it a proper test tomorrow.

Top Bottom