General Servo frequency?

treff

Wonder if anyone can help? I have searched the net and have not found the info I require. I have 3 EmaxES9258 servos Can anyone tell me what frequency that operate at i.e. 1520u at 250Hz or 333Hz or 70Hz. They are digital servos with metal gears. Cheap, yes, very. I have burned out 2 of them so far but can not find all the info on them. Cheers. Incidentally I have two heli on the go at the moment again . Yes , I know it won't last but I am being very, very disciplined and gone back to basics. Tail in hover, side on and get that imprinted on my brain before I gone on. All the best.

Slobberdog

Hey Treff this is the best I can find, lol

Steve Webb Models

1500 - 1900 usec

- - - Updated - - -

just found this 1520 and 333htz

http://www.electric-rc-helicopter.com/phpbb/emax-digital-servos-t4321.html

treff

Thanks Slobberdog very much appreciated. Spent hours and could only find speed not frequency. I don't think it will make any difference they run very hot even on a very sloppy tail so need to get something better.
Also the same with the Assan gyro. I have 2 and both sort of half failed. They do not respond to the programming any more. It seems to be quite a common fault reading on the net. I flew without the gyro yesterday a couple of times.
Difficult but not impossible. Just needs lots of practice and of course when you do not get it right a spin starts. Thanks again for taking the time. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
It will always be 1520us, it's the hz that you need to look at. I would start at 70 and see how the servo does. If it's slow or doesn't respond the way you think it should, then raise it up to 200. I would NOT go above 333hz though. Make sure to keep an eye on the temp of the servo after EVERY flight. If it's getting hot, lower the hz.

Tony

Staff member
Cool deal. Just keep going down until they are slightly warm and you should be good.

Top Bottom