450 Servo Arms

In one of the build video's of the ALZRC Devil 450 Tony was cutting part of the servo arms of to shorten them. Why is that and how do you determine in which hole of the servo arms are the servo balls supposed to be installed?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Vincent. My self, I don't cut the servo arms. Nothing wrong with that but I prefer to by new ones that will fit. If you can find them. As for the hole to install the servo balls, you want to make sure that the servo linkage is perpendicular, 90 degrees, to the servo arms when they are centered of the servo. upload_2019-7-17_10-21-38.jpeg I hope this helps some.

murankar

Staff member
It's all in the manual. The center to ball distance is specified by the manufacture of the model. So once you know what hole you need on the servo arm you can cut off the rest.

If tony wanted he could use the SAB Goblin servo arms which are the right length for the model. Plus They are the best arms for the kit. They break when and where they need to.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's all about the distance from the center of rotation which is stated in the manual for either your helicopter or your gyro. Most cases it is 14mm. The rest is just wasted so why keep it there. And if I remember right, they were hitting so I had to trim them on that helicopter.

Top Bottom