Server Maintenance This Weekend

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we will be working on the server this weekend and the site has to go down for the work. The IP address will be changing so you may need to clear your cache to get the site to come back up faster. If after about 4 hours the site has not come up, clear your cache and restart your browser. You may also need to clear your DNS records. You do this by clicking on the start button on your computer and typing in "CMD" without quotes and hitting enter. This will open up a command prompt window where you will type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes. This will flush your DNS cache.

If it doesn't come up after that, then your ISP has a VERY long TTL (Time To Live) in their DNS address. If you are able to, set your DNS address to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it will clear MUCH faster. Those are googles addresses and is what I use on my router at my house.

If you have any questions, post up and ask. This upgrade will save the site some money every month and the site will be just as fast, if not faster than it is now.

Thanks everyone!

-Tony N.
RC-Help.com

Tony

Staff member
Nah, we just setup a new server that is less than half the price of the one that we are on now. And without all of the files on the server, it should be just a hair faster. Not enough to really notice, but faster.

Top Bottom