ESC seperate bec

norjul

I have a hk450 trex clone, with a yep 45amp esc and 3550kv motor, do i need a seperate bec to run the digy servo's and 3gx controler. If yes which is a good one to get, i have been looking on the net and got confussed with all the diffrent ones out there, my battery is 11.1v 2.2. lipo i would be glad of any idea's. thanks

Derek

Most esc's for the 450's will have a large enough internal BEC. That internal BEC will pull power from your flight pack and run the 3GX and servos. The YEP 45 will be just fine without an external BEC. If you did want an external BEC to run your 3GX and servos, I'd suggest any BEC that will handle 5amps or more. It's been a while since I've had a YEP esc but I did have the YEP 45 and I think it has an internal 5amp BEC.

So...if you take out my "rambling on".....I don't believe that you'll technically "need" an external BEC.

murankar

Staff member
Most escs for a 450 sized heli are 5amp max. I run an external 10 amp castle bec on X3. It has advantages and disadvantages. For me it works because now I know I have enough power for most power hungry servos out there. Savox have known to be power hogs along with mks.

One thing I like about my setup is user defined output voltages. I am not sure his many escs have this but the external became gives me this option. Now I can run higher voltages without having to purchase anything else.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

norjul

Thank you guys i just wanted to put my mind at rest. i will stick with my setup, thank you once again for your help.

Lee

The BEC in the YEP ESC is one of the most powerful out there. You'll have no issues.
I run the YEP in my Warp 360 running HV servos with no issues.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have Yep 45a on my Tarot 450 with KST215 " Power hogs servos i heard" and i also have 60a on my Gaui X3 with KST215 on it. I've been very happy with the Yep esc. I took Lee advice awhile ago about how he hasn't had any issues and i agree with him, that's just my opinion.

Top Bottom