Spektrum Separating the dx9 chassi.

Hi guys I want to do some maintenance on the gimbals and the friction brackets on my dx9. I remove all the screws from the back side, and the screws which holds the antenna cone. In order to separate the chassi I need to remove that antenna cone as it holds the front and back plate together. But I can't. The cone as I rock it back and forth moves a little bit but it doesn't become lose at all. As that there is glue applied in it. Any ideas of what should I do?

Geena

Staff member
Here is a video I found on youtube. It`s about repairing switches on the DX9, but it does show how to remove the antenna cone so you can get it apart. Hope this helps.

I wish I could remove the antenna as much easy as he did on the video but mine is totally stuck. I may brake it, it just doesn't come apart. Many thanks.

Smoggie

Did you take the screws out? Once the screws are out there is nothing holding it in place.

hey, smoggie, yes, I removed the 2 screws of the antenna, it feels like the cone may have some glue, I 'm pushing it back and forth so that I can pull it up, it moves a bit as I'm rocking it but it don't want to move at all. I don't know, at the moment I can't do anything, I may brake something if I pull it harder. Do I have to take out the 2 screws of the back antenna handle (the rectangular one where spectrum is written on it) too? I don't think so.

Smoggie

I have a DX18 which is very similar to the DX9.. On my 18 all you do is remove the two screws in the rear of the antenna cover then the cover can be tilted forward, lifting at the rear edge where the screws came out of and pivoting on it's front edge. There are two clips at the front so you cant lift it straight off vertically, you have to tilt it forward, then it comes free easily with no force at all.

There is no glue involved.

Absolutely, when you told me that there are 3 clips on the front edge of the antenna I understood what is going on. You just tilt forward the antenna to get unlocked from these clips and you just pulling it out. Thanks a lot!

The only thing is that you have to take care when tilting the antenna forward,so that you don't brake the bronze base of the actual antenna that's inside the plastic cone.

vyrnguy

Hi guys I want to do some maintenance on the gimbals and the friction brackets on my dx9. I remove all the screws from the back side, and the screws which holds the antenna cone. In order to separate the chassi I need to remove that antenna cone as it holds the front and back plate together. But I can't. The cone as I rock it back and forth moves a little bit but it doesn't become lose at all. As that there is glue applied in it. Any ideas of what should I do?

I just finished doing gimbal adjustments on my DX9. I too had a slight tight fitted antenna. I rocked it back and forth, then I pulled. Same as this video.

Hope it helps others out there.

Top Bottom