Prop Senior Telemaster scored for $40

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
I went to an r/c yard sale today across the street from the club field at about 9:30 this morning. I looked over the stuff and saw a brand new covering iron and one of those wood pecker things that let the air through the wood to prevent bubbles, so I made a deal for $20. I went across the street, flew the Gentle Lady and my Edge, and then went across the street to see what was left. I spotted this big plane, and looked at the price tag. 40.00 is what was on it! I bought it in a heartbeat once I found out that it was a Senior Telemaster! :pride:
It needs a couple hours of work patching holes and such, but it's structurally sound and should be a great flyer! I'll likely take it to the float fly next year :excitement: I'll post pictures soon :D

Tony

Staff member
I just want you to know I'm really starting to dislike you right now lmao. Congrats on the killer purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Not even sure I found it, somehow it found me! lmao

- - - Updated - - -

not even sure I'll keep it though, another club member already wants to buy it and I want more sailplanes......it's an opportunity to trade up to something else

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Decided to keep it and put my DLE 20 gasser on it and sell the ol' Staudacher. The Telemaster looks like a great plane to modify with extra large wheels (8 or 9 inches maybe), flaps, a set of custom floats, a camera mount, and all kinds of cool stuff. I was actually wondering what other people thought I should attempt to do with it as it is meant to be a utility type plane in the hands of a experienced/crazy pilot. Hit me with any ideas, nothing is to big or to small :D

- - - Updated - - -

100_4085.jpg100_4086.jpg100_4092.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

new firewall is in place, cosmetically the plane needs some work, but it's fun to work on because of the size of the thing

100_4085.jpg

100_4086.jpg

100_4092.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I may be selling my Telemaster for $50 with motor and some servos. But it still needs work. don't really have any ideas as to what you should do with this thing, but anything will be great.

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Okay, I'm sure all of you are at least a little familiar with bush planes and the way they are set up (even if you have just seen them fly) Well, after seeing the 3DHS Bigfoot prototype, I think that some big flaps are in order! 3DHS Bigfoot - RC Groups Like the Bigfoot, I want to see if I can get the flaps to drop almost a full 90 degrees. This would allow for STOL and awesome float flying! With the above average engine size I'm putting in it, and the fact that this plane is a natural floater I think it has some great potential!

Top Bottom