Senior moments thread...

trainrider06

ok, I pulled a good one....this is such a stupid thing, I probably should start this out as "I couldn't believe my buddy did this".
But I take full stupidity for this.....
Went to the field this past Friday, beautiful day just exceptional weather. Brought my father in law along so he could check out the club.
Took 3 helis, my Blade SR, my Walkera V450D03 converted to Spektrum Sat and Kbar FBL, and my TRex 500 ESP FB model.

Took up the SR, first, had some tail twitch issues with it, and got those sorted, flew another pack trough it, then decided to get the V450 some air time.
This heli has been a nice machine, flys super super nice and predictable!
Went to initialize it, and nothing! Won't bind! WTH?
Tried twice, nothing!

So flew a few packs through the 500, then returned home.
This kept bugging me and bugging me, rebound it, and my controls were whacked.
WTH????
Finally after talking to my buddy Neil, it dawned on me!
I was tring to initialize the V450 with my DX8!
The V450, as well the SR are both bound to my DX6I!
Boy do I feel stupid!

Heliman450

Hi Rodney, so many choices about what to fly, which Tx to use with which model. WOW! no wonder you're having "senior moments". I'm sure you can deal with it like the rest of us :biggrin1:

trainrider06

Hi Rodney, so many choices about what to fly, which Tx to use with which model. WOW! no wonder you're having "senior moments". I'm sure you can deal with it like the rest of us :biggrin1:

Hi Phil, yes I have got to keep this stuff better organized in my head!! I have 3 helis that I kept on my DX6i My little Nano QX quad, Blade SR, and my Walkera V450D03. (the reason I kept my DX6i in the first place after getting the DX8, was because I had just done the backlite mod and upgraded and repaired the roller button switch on it, so the radio is really nice, and those 3 helis seem to fly very nice on that radio...so why mess with perfection I say! LOL)
On my DX 8 I have both 500 Trex hei's and now my almost complete TRex 450 Pro DFC. I have a little Walkera V120D02s also and that is controlled by the Devo7 radio.....it gets confusing sometimes!

Last edited:

Admiral

Sounds like time to move the other three over to the DX8, I have all my stuff on the DX9 except for one little 3 channel Spitfire and I would covert that to spektrum if I could.

trainrider06

I know I should, but I am of the mind if it ain't broke don't fix it :).
I did program slots for all my heli's, that may have been my first mistake because I have the heli listed in the DX8.
I did put my SR on it bound it, but had a time trying to get it dialed in with the 8, so I re bound it back to the 6 and it's back to flying good again. Got busy with other things, and never got around to binding the V450 to it.
Figured I'd just leave well enough alone...

Top Bottom