Seems like 700 isnt seeing air anytime soon

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
You guys might have heard or read about my Shaft thing with my scorpion motor

Scorpion motor I have is 94.7 mm shaft.. it needs to be 100mm.. So I have ordered one from INNOV8TIVE designs through my LHS, and it will be in here this weekend..

Well I thought this was the last of it.. BUT NOOOOOOOO.... lol

I was installing my Castle Link USB connect software to program my ESC as all thats left is ESC programming, installing motor, and doing the collective and cyclic pitches.. So I said lets just get somethign tonite..

well the software kept throwing a FIT for no reason.. :mad:

Went to Castle's webste to find a solution.. and was digging around that it needs DOT NET and MDAC and all.. well I have all that in my computer. so what next. :numbness:

Well .. I stumbled upon this.. and I was lucky I did cause I would have never known!!

Castle Creations - Service Advisory

My ESC is a Castle ICE 160 HV.. I looked at it and I went :nightmare::nightmare::nightmare::nightmare::nightmare::nightmare::nightmare:

Asked the guy I got this from.. He had never even opened the packaging of this, it was brand new.. just never gave a dang about installing and runnng it so didnt know anything about this..

WELL.. guess what.. Packaging the stupid thing in a packet and throwing it in the mail this weekend.

Talk about taking its time. I have never taken this much time on a build.. But hey! I am not sorry atleast.. I didnt wanna BURN UP.. :D :p

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Man to bad GABA. I feal for you. It will probublly take them a month or so to do this you know. I'm still awaiting tracking info on mine. All I know is that it's shipped. But so far no tracking info.. Waiting to here from a place in Austrailla on a motor combo. Found one real cheep. But I want to know the shipping first before I order it. $623.04 plus shipping. Closest thing I can find here in the us is $704.00 shipped. So will see hopefully I'll here from them tomorrow.

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hey there GABA. I just got an update. She is right around the corner from you. She is in Irvine, Tx. At the fed ex facility! Lol.

Lee

Those CC 160s were a disaster. At least you'll get the up to date one for nothing. She'll be in the air soon enough. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That sucks Gaba :(
But you are 100% sure it's not the "ICE2" variant?

It's not.. The ice 2 has a different sticker and color. They have pics of how it should look like.

And like whirlybird said... I really would have needed to wear a fire proof suite to operate it if I was gonna keep using it.

Google castle esc causes 25 acre grass fire lol... :D

Yes it will get in the air soon.. Just not soon enough Heeeheee

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
Everything happens for a reason. Just be lucky you found that. Cc may not have replaced your 700 if something would have happened.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yep!! There's a reason why I just can't give up my nitro bird!!!!

Who knows one day my electric 700 gets gas lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Get her all fixed up and sell or trade for a nitro after you have your fill of her! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I just can't believe the size of a 700! In this video she looks huge!

- - - Updated - - -

I just can't believe the size of a 700! In this video she looks huge!

Tony

Staff member
All it takes Gaba, is a new frame, and a fuel tank. Oh yeah, and an engine... Few hundred dollars worth of stuff and she will be breathing fire.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hahahahha no I am working so hard to make it go on electric juice right now...

I am very very happy with my 600 nitro for now :D

Tony

Staff member
Hahahahha no I am working so hard to make it go on electric juice right now...

I am very very happy with my 600 nitro... FOR NOW!!! :D

Went ahead and fixed that for ya there Gabster... I know you all too well...

Top Bottom