Spektrum Scroll wheel issue - DX7S

stokke

My scroll wheel has started to act up lately, it scrolls just fine, but the button function don't always work. What do I do?

Repair it and void my warranty.
Send it for repair?
____

Have others experienced this problem?

heli-maniac

if you send it in for warranty how long will it be gone if you were in the us it at least a few weeks
if you order the part and fix it your self you could have up and going in a week or so

Lee

Whats actually wrong with it? A big problem with these wheels is, people press at the bottom of the roller. The switch is at the top so too much time pressing the bottom will break it. Is it a connection issue or a mechanical failure?

stokke

Whats actually wrong with it? A big problem with these wheels is, people press at the bottom of the roller. The switch is at the top so too much time pressing the bottom will break it. Is it a connection issue or a mechanical failure?

I do not know. Up til now I have been pressing down the wheel whenever entering menus and whatever, never given a thought to where the button position might be.

Now when I press it, nothing happens - it takes maybe 4-5 attempts at pressing it before something actually happens on the menu screen. The scroll function works just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

And sometimes it "double clicks" which enters and then immediately exits a menu. LOL

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I would Send it on bro. They fix that stuff sometimes for free. Call them and get their advice and or quote first.

If not, then you will have replace that yourself which is very easy to do too.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
The issue is the micro switch that is in there. There is a very small silver piece that looks like a bowl that has gotten dirty. I know exactly what the issue is. However, if you try to fix it yourself, you may lose that little guy. I hope you have good eyes.

IMO, I work on everything myself and I would just do the work myself. YOu can order a new board and stick it in there. Remember to ALWAYS click the top and not the bottom of the wheel from now on. This is just something that happens after a while. Anything from smoke to moisture can get in that little button and create a bad connection.

Seajays

I tried to order a part for my DX6i from Horizon and they said they will not sell the parts,send it in.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Seajays.. some parts they have realized are crummy.. Like the trim tabs. . they break off.. so you can call them have them send those trim tabs.. as many as you want (upto 4) free of charge.

then there are things.. which they dont "think" are crummy.. and stand by it.. and want to check the tx for tempering before they wanna admit and send you a part replacement for it plus liability ..

I have gotten multiple trim tabs from them

Seajays

OK, I wanted to buy a Display Module. Thought I screwed up installing a backlight kit, but discovered the ribbon cable needed to be pushed in further. They would not sell me one. Wanted me to ship my Tx from Canada. More expense and customs hassle. Probably would have been cheaper to buy a new one for $160.

Has anyone seen the upgraded aluminum trim tabs that u can get? Or a anodized colored scroll wheel for a dx7s, i used to see the colored aluminum scroll wheels on ebay but not anymore and now all o can find is a silver aluminum scroll wheel and the aluminum tabs from a certain engineering i think website sorry cant remeber i just google dx7s aluminum trim tabs and should find them but there around 22 for 2 of them i believe but may be wrong. Also checkout hawk-rc on ebay for colored aluminum switch topping knobs in four diff colors for all tx models plus colored switch washer grommet to they all look really cool on mine. Tom

Wow crazy sp what is the consensus here cuz everyone seems to hsve different answers as to why it breaks though i do hear about bottom pressing alot ive also heard of it being dirty. If dirty personally i would try using electronic parts cleaning spray, if broken id try fixing it my self & once u find somewhere to sell u the switch buy 2 just to have a spare cuz if it happens once it will happen again & then it saves shipping cost & while u install try finding away to either support the bottom of the switch so if pressed ever it redistributes the weight to top instead then tell everyone what u thought of. If u have to pay someone to fix it for u plus ship it to them what is the point of a warranty at all i'd open it up and fix away ur gonna own it along time but not forever plus how long is the warranty anyway, murphys law is that its not gonna break anything that is under warranty while it is still under warranty anybecause unfortunately thats how life works so youll gain any necessary knowledge to open up the case & atleast see about how everything is setup & all & one last thing ur gonna end up wantong to install a backlight or do something eventually.

Top Bottom