Projects scratch bulid high wing trainer

Badluck

What's up guy's, I need some advice on this project I've been working on it for a while now and I can't decide the best way to mount the wing I've been tossing some ideas for a weak now, rubberbands , screws into dow rods I even consider magnets like they use on canopy hatches, I just dont know I hope all of can help me out with some new ideas. Thanks

CAM00191.jpg

CAM00190.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Magnets are a BAD idea. I have an Edge 540T that on the maiden flight, the canopy flew off in a hammer head move. This was with 6 magnets holding a very light canopy on. Now, think about how much weight the plane's fuse will weight with the motor, ESC, battery and servos...

So we are down to bolts or rubberbands. Bolts are pretty easy to get teh wing on and off, but are harder to work out how to mount. Rubber bands are very easy to install and get going quickly. It's just up to you on how much work you want to do.

Badluck

well i got some more done this weakend,I got the vertical and horizontal stabilizer built and installed, the elevator,ruder, ailrons all cut and hinges mock up, and got the wing bolted on the fusaloge. I tooks some pics if any one wants to see the progress.CAM00252.jpgCAM00251.jpg

CAM00252.jpg

CAM00251.jpg

Badluck

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, for the nice comments Derek and Boki... It's coming along the moter should be here sometime this weak, I can't wait to get it mounted...

Badluck

well finally i got the moter and prop last weak,got the moter mount bulit and installed,got tht moter mocked up and got the gears and tail wheel mount made and installed. can't do mouch now weighting for the servos to show up, slow mail. took some moor pics if any one wents to see the process.

CAM00269.jpg

CAM00267.jpg

CAM00268.jpg

Badluck

well got the wing painted,still have to lay some pin stripping,dont have time for that until the weekend.

CAM00303.jpg

CAM00304.jpg

Top Bottom