EDF scratch built stealth bomber with 80mm edf

wolfman76

Lee's flying wing just got me thinking. I have yet to see a edf stealth bomber rc. I am thinking a big stealth wing with wing ribs n all maybe 50-70" wingspan fiberglass shell retracts whole nine figure on setting edf in front in thicker section and esc an batt or batts behind it that way airflow will keep them cool. This is a good size eflite 80mm deltaV32 i have with matched in runner.

ForumRunner_20130208_201640.png

With a turnigy 85amp esc

ForumRunner_20130208_202022.png

So what does everyone think?? I think i can build this...

ForumRunner_20130208_201640.png

ForumRunner_20130208_202022.png

Tony

Staff member
Are you talking about the B2? If so, you may need a better Tx with better mixing. Remember, the B2 doesn't have a rudder for stability when flying, and it uses air brakes on the outer edge of the wings to hold the yaw. But, I think it would be a great idea to make this happen.

Lee

I loved building my B2 scratch plane. Mine flew ok, but yaw was the big issue. I had air brakes on mine, but i think i'm going to alter them. Good luck with it.

Whirlybird

I have yet to see a edf stealth bomber rc....

Kyle here is the Lang Xiang B2 . . . LX B2 Spirit Bomber

It is usually sold at Banana Hobby, but because of :banana:'s bad reputation, I gave you the link to EDF Hobbies in Texas. They also carry these large foam planes.

These Lang Xiang planes have good and bad reviews . . . if you go for one, you are probably in for some "jury rigging" to get them dialed in. The following video demonstrates this :)

Banana Hobby BlitzRC Works B2 Review - YouTube

Last edited:
Top Bottom