Scott Marshall In Elbridge

Scott Marshall

I'm in Elbridge NY, I got started in RC years ago (1980?) with a Bo-Link Nicad car and a Futaba 72mhz 2 channel radio, started flying a few years back with a variety of planes, still trying to get competent with Helis, but have been distracted with multirotors, and just bought a Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3. Oh, almost forgot I have a Harbor Freight twin screw offshore boat (NiMh converted to Lipo - I inherited it when my sons went to college), so I think I have officially crashed all manner of RC vehicles.

I found the forum looking for info on my used T-Maxx.

I'm a Industrial Controls engineer retired due to health issues, and the RC keeps me in the game a bit.
I'm Scott594 on RCG and FG

Scott

Tony

Staff member
Hey Scott, welcome to the forum! I would love to hear about your Bolink car. I used to run a Bolink Legend 4 cell car and I absolutely LOVED IT!!! It was some of the most fun racing I have ever done! If you have pictures or more information on your car, I would love to hear about it and/or see it.

As for helis and now being consumed by quads, welcome to the family lol. I think I have pretty much fell into the same boat. I find myself flying quads way more than I fly helicopters now days. And not just because that is what the members and subscribers want to see. But because they are just easier and I don't have to worry about crashing. Just two days ago, I crashed my Darkmax quad 6 times and the only damage was dog scat in the motor lmao. Not even a broke prop and I crashed this poor quad HARD!!!

And that is awesome that you found the forum from the T-Maxx videos. I was just talking on the live stream about that series and that I sold the truck before I finished the series. The money was just too much to say no. But, I have my brother in law's 2.5 T-Maxx and I plan on shooting the remaining videos very soon.

But again, Bolink racing is in my blood and I would love to hear some stories of your kit!

:welcome1:

Scott Marshall

I'll pull it out and shoot some pictures.
I've been meaning to restore it, decided to go original, including Nicads, and the 72 mhz radio, including the receiver that was soldered back together after it was run over by a Chevy. (story to come). I need to find or make a set of rear wheels, they are a small hex bore aluminum wheel held on the 2 piece axle with snap rings, and use pipe insulation as tires. I had them up until a few years back and they disappeared. I've been looking on and off for a set for a long time. A set came on ebay about 5 years ago, and the guy wanted $40, and I wouldn't pay it. I would now.
If I can't find s set, I'm either going to have to 1 - take the time to machine a set, 2 - machine a set of adapters to use modern wheels, or 3 - go to a modern axle design and wheels.
I'll try posting here and see if any of your members has a set.

I had a great time on your live stream last night.

Had the Traxxas out in a snowfilled parking lot today, what a blast, I forgot how much fun ground can be.

I have it apart and just found out the steel center shafts I ordered don't fit, too short and no brake adapter. Says it fits T-Maxx. I'll post up in the forum for help.

Thanks, Scott

Scott Marshall

Welcome to the forum Scott, sounds like you've tried all styles of RC.
Thanks Admiral,

I never met something mechanical I didn't want to redesign, disassemble, or crash. It's been in my blood since I was about 7, I modded a Radio-Shack left turn only pushbutton RC car with a piggyback battery and ran it for hours in my parents attic. It was much more fun than the fancy tether car setup my dad had set up. Control! and the possibility of a wreck...

I've had the 'bug' ever since...

Admiral

I never met something mechanical I didn't want to redesign, disassemble, or crash. .

I know what you mean, I started pulling clocks apart when I was 8 or 9, that didn't go so well getting them to work again, so started on model aircraft when I was 10 been there off & on ever since.

Top Bottom