ESC Scorpion vs castle creations ESC's

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Anyone have any experience with Scorpion ESC's? I can get a good deal on one new but never used one. Thanks for any input
T

trainrider06

I've been switching over to Hobby Wing Platinums myself. Haven't used a Scorpion ESC before.
Hey if it's a really good deal, you probably can't go wrong! :)

Smoggie

I'm sure if Scorpion put their name on them they will be decent ESC's. Only thing I'd be unsure of is if using on a heli how good the soft start and governor function would be. For fixed wing I'm sure you couldn't really go wrong.

murankar

Staff member
I had the Commander 45 amp at one time. Its going to depend on what it is you want from an esc. When I had my Scorpion I could never just leave the ESC pugged in to power while idle. It did not like just sitting there, it would get extremely hot. There is no logging and the governor is average from my understanding.

Castle Edge or Pheonix Edge is a bit different. The Edge series supports logging and the governor is not much better than the Scorpion, again from my understanding. Edge also supports an AUX line for your use, its best use is for an external gov or for the safety throttle kill switch. I haqve not experienced the ESC build heat while at idle.

Like Trainrider I am switching over to hobbywing. Its common man friendly and is very robust for the 99%ers. The gov is decent (from what I hear) and is very easy to setup.

Top Bottom