Projects School Competition Build

ajerome8996

I am building a plane from scratch to compete in a competition requiring it to perform certain missions. What I am stuck on is the propulsion system. We are limited to 15 amps, 1.5 lb battery pack, and can only use NiMh or NiCd. Our plane looks like it'll be around 10 lb when complete and have 3 motors to choose from. There is a 890 kv motor, 780 kv, and 480 kv. Will any of these be sufficient and not too much or too little? Also I was looking at possibly having a 30 volt battery pack, will this be too much for any motors in general even given our low current limit? Greatly appreciate any help.

Austin

EyeStation

Wow, 10 Lbs is a LOT of plane!!! What is the proposed mission supposed to be, deliver a baby? lol
I personally think you will have problems pushing 10 Lbs around with a 15 amp esc.
What are the guidelines for the competition?

ajerome8996

Yea I know but that looks to be the weight of the plane. Itll have a 6 ft wingspan and be about 5 ft long in a tail-dragger configuration. Mainly carry different payload configurations which is why the body is so large. Cargo ranges from 2-3 lbs.

Top Bottom