600 Scale Fuselage

Dirk

Hi guys,

I've am itching to put a scale Jet Ranger fuselage on my 550 heli. Fun-Key seems to be the one to go for. I was wondering if I could go up to a 600 size fuse? There is not a big difference in length, but there is more space inside. The KDS 550 has a 600 size tailboom as standard which I think will be a better fit into a 600 size (.50 Nitro) fuse.

The only problem that I can foresee is that the blades, which are EDGE 553's, may look a little short against the fuselage. Do you think it is possible to swing 600 blades on the 550, keeping in mind that I do not do any 3D flying?

murankar

Staff member
Keep in mind once you go scale you won't be doing 3d. As for a set up a 550 is real close to a 600 so I don't think it would be to hard to convert it to a 600.

Good luck and keep up posted.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Dirk

I have seen some guys doing 3D with scale helis, but it looks weird. I used to fly full size helis, so any thing vastly resembling aerobatics sends a chill down my spine (If I have to do it). I'll keep the 550 for scale flying and keep on throwing my 450 around the sky.

Top Bottom