Scale Scale body installation…

Is there a video or general manual that covers the important parts of installing a heli into a scale body? I’m putting a Raptor 90SE into a Funkey 700 size Airwolf and would like to do it right. Soft mounting vrs hard mount and the best way to do it, just things like that. My first scale build but there has been know one near me for 15+ years or better that flies helis but me so I have no one to ask. Thanks.

Attachments

• CC15C38B-814F-4F61-A102-AFABC7EEDF64.jpeg
    CC15C38B-814F-4F61-A102-AFABC7EEDF64.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 4

RandyDSok

I can't see there being a generalized way to do that... every one is going to be custom to the specific make/model of aircraft and the specific body you end up haven't selected. These types of builds are seldom recommended for the inexperienced builder since they may require lateral thinking to address an issue the body kit didn't consider.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have put a Synergy E7 into a Funkey bell 206L a few years ago. I can post some pictures later tonight when I get home. It may give you a direction to go but what Randy said is true, you will have to do some thinking. I had to build some blocks to get it to line up and I did soft mount the mechanics. Now here's a video that may help from John Salt. Hes working on a 600 size so a 700 size may give a bit more room. It will be a fun project!

I have put a Synergy E7 into a Funkey bell 206L a few years ago. I can post some pictures later tonight when I get home. It may give you a direction to go but what Randy said is true, you will have to do some thinking. I had to build some blocks to get it to line up and I did soft mount the mechanics. Now here's a video that may help from John Salt. Hes working on a 600 size so a 700 size may give a bit more room. It will be a fun project!
Pic’s would be much appreciate. I’m very mechanical minded and have been building balsa airplanes for 30+ years. You know, the ones you build on top of plans. one of my favorites was a Top Flight Corsair that turned out spectacula. I still wish I had never sold it. I’m just needing a little direction to start as I’ve simply never seen one but totally understand the challenge I’ve got myself into. That’s part of the fun for me. Always has been. This is my winter project for myself and am in no hurry. I’ve been thinking of using some hard rubber blocks with blind nuts attached to the bottom/inside of the fues. Positioned to where 4 screws through the landing skid holes would be the starting attachment points and then go from there. Just thinking out loud before I even start on this project.
Thanks for any idea.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ok here's how I did it on this 206L body. In order to get the mechanics out I would have to take the tail cone and tail rotor off. Remove the top section. Then I could remove the skids and uncover a long through bolt that holds the mechanics. The whole front comes off this fuse and makes it easy to get the mechanics out. Getting the CG right sometimes could be a pain.

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 5
Thank you so much. That’s all I needed to get me started. I’m really going to enjoy this build. Thanks for the video as well. The Funkey 700 Airwolf will soon live…

Top Bottom