Servos Savox servo

Innova

Hi guys. I got a trex 450 pro and im having trouble choosing what cyclic servos to use. At the moment the choice is between the savox sh-0255 mg speed: .13 and torque : 54.2. And the savox sh-0257 mg speed :0.9 and torque : 30.6 . At the moment im not doing any 3d flying but ill be learning to do it soon . What would be the best choice between these servos? Thanks

murankar

Staff member
The sh-0257 is a great servo for that heli. I used that servo on 3 airframes over the course of 3 years. Just know that this servo is a low voltage servo. In other words it maxs at the 6 volt area. If your looking to get in HV servos then we'll discuss that later.

the complement servo for the servo is the sh-1257.

Last edited:

Innova

Thanks murankar. Just one more question. Will they work at that max 6v or should it be a lower voltage? When im ordering next week im looking to also order a align rce-bl45x esc. As far as i know it has a changeable bec voltage output so ill prefer to use it on 6v if i can? Thanks

Smoggie

I use both the SH-0255 and 0257 in planes and on the cyclics on my Chase 360 heli (0257 on the Chase), they are good servos. I run mine at 6.3V and they have all been faultless. I give them that extra bit of voltage to compensate for losses in the wiring due to resistance.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I ran mine at their max when I had them. Just so you know those servos are splined for Align. Make sure to have have at least one set of gears in your hobby box. In three years I never regeared mine, but they were due for gears once I retired them. My tail servo is still being flown by Tony in his Align 450 dominator frankenstien.

Top Bottom