Spektrum Satellite for AR6210

Tink0027

I have a matched Satellite Rx sited in.my 450 clone...question is, where and how should I fix it? I read somewhere it should be on a differing plane to the AR6210 rx...but should they both be away from each other? And can they sit close together almost touching?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Morelight

Fearless Freep
they need to be away from each other.. 2 sides of the heli, prob at the back away from motor and esc, and I think one with wires horizontal and one with wires vertical. wait for the others, since if I am wrong you will get the right answer.

edit: when you bind I believe the sat has to be plugged in to Rx also :onthego:

Tony

Staff member
What he said. Put one on one side, and the other on the other side. Also stated above, put one horz, and one vert and you will be fine.

Tink0027

Hi all again...just finished replacing my aileron servo gears as I had my first crash with my 450 clone. Got to replace both rotors, main and tail so that's next bit but in the meantime...

...does anyone know whether mounting my satellite tx, perhaps interferes with my gyro? I've placed it on its back vertical face as it seems the perfect position...see the shot below...
uploadfromtaptalk1336846785367.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1336846785367.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Not the frequency I would think.

But definitely will unbalance your gyro. The gyro that you have there has a large mercury (I think) sensor in it, any inbalance in structure of it, will make it think of an input needing correction.

Plus add vibration to your gyro. That's the last thing you want.

In my opinion I would not put it there.

Lee

Wow thats a hell of a big gyro you got on there. :D I would def move the Sat. In a crash, the first thing the blades will take out is your gyro and sat. Gyros are very sensitive. You don't really want to stick anything to them that can cause vibrations.

Tink0027

Cheers, thanks for that. I'll move it I think....I thought it might have caused the crash to start with but when I recovered the wreckage the rear blade holder had split apart...not enough threadlock..!

The gyro's a kds800 and works really well. I've been upgrading the stock hk450...although I wish I'd invested in the full metal servos. Align's ds410's are really fast but the plastic is their achilles heal although the repair kit wasn't to much.

Tony

Staff member
I don't remember where you are located Tink, but it would be worth your while to get a new gyro. At least get a piezoelectric gyro if not a mems. You can get them from hobbyparts for about $12 and they are 1/4 the size and weight of that one.

and I agree with the above, get that satellite off that gyro and mount it to the side if the frame. Make sure the antennas are going in a different direction than the main Rx though.

Tink0027

Cheers Tony..I think I will eventually but it has given me good service up to now...the gyro that is.

I'm in the UK so finishing off threadlocking the tail, but I'm in no rush as our weather has been the worst on record to date. Today is only the 2nd day of sun since Feb. But its still far too windy hence a v. slow build time.

Everythings a bit expensive here at present, although the Assan GA250 is the cheapest at approx £15 from a UK ebayer (approx. $25 plus shipping) and then the Tarot GY650 at £30 (approx. $47 from Hong Kong)
Other than that i'll be in the realms of a Spartan Quark at £95 (approx. $150).

Not sure the diff. between the Assan and Tarot yet...

murankar

Staff member
The Assan is an alright gyro. I have been tinkering with mine now for about 3 months and still have a slight wag in the tail. I am not sure at this point if it's the gyro or my setup. I am in the process of experimenting with the tx to see if that solves my issues. If I cant get this gyro to finally lock in I am considering the JR G270 3D. It is a bit more in cost but sometimes it pays to spend in this area of a heli. I would try and give the gy670 a shot and see if that works.

Maskog

The Assan is an alright gyro. I have been tinkering with mine now for about 3 months and still have a slight wag in the tail. I am not sure at this point if it's the gyro or my setup. I am in the process of experimenting with the tx to see if that solves my issues. If I cant get this gyro to finally lock in I am considering the JR G270 3D. It is a bit more in cost but sometimes it pays to spend in this area of a heli. I would try and give the gy670 a shot and see if that works.

Hello guys, my name is Mike, I have a situation with my Dynam Erazor 450 using DX6i tx. It won't control the tail servo. I connected the servo directly to the Rx and still no response. I replaced the servo, the Rx and still no response. Any idea what's wrong? Thx.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Either the servo is bad or the RX is bad. Try changing out the servo with anougher one that you know works. If it works then its the servo if not its the RX.

Tony

Staff member
Since you have replaced the servo and the Rx, I Have no idea what could be causing this. Unless you changed hte program in the Tx and lowered the throws to 0%...

Maskog

I suppose, I can reset the programming on the DX6i and redo the setup over again. I'll try that tomorrow thanks Tony.

Tony

Staff member
Nah, just go into it and see where your endpoints and swash settings are at. swash should be around 60 or so (some higher, some lower) and endpoints should start out at 100 but could be a little lower depending on the bird. If this is a flybarless, I never mess with that.

Maskog

Hi Tony, once again, thanks for your support. I went on to reset the model program on my DX6i and reprogram it. It works fine after that; however, the orange receiver slowly blink every couple of second continuously shortly after flying. I have flew it that way but I'm still concern about it. Is there a safety issue here or the receiver is broken?

Tony

Staff member
The slow blinking light means you have lost signal to the Tx at one time or another. this is a bad thing lol. If you plug your battery into your ESC and you don't get it on the first try (connect, disconnect, connect again), then it will blink like this.

Maskog

The slow blinking light means you have lost signal to the Tx at one time or another. this is a bad thing lol. If you plug your battery into your ESC and you don't get it on the first try (connect, disconnect, connect again), then it will blink like this.

So what do you suggest, replace the receiver then? Thanks

Tony

Staff member
well it could be a number of things that causes this. Your Rx could be losing the signal which would be a sign of a bad Rx. However, you stated that this is an OrangeRx which is a cheap clone of the DXM2 Rx's from spektrum. There have been known compatibility issues with them that could be causing this. On my Rx that I had in the Bipe, If I moved a stick too fast it would not respond. However it could also be caused by low voltage. If you are running your pack until the low voltage cutoff kicks in, this could do it as well.

Just for clarification, I have the OrangeRx in my RCH Trainer, but I will be removing it once I have another Rx to put in there that is genuine Spektrum DSMX. It flew fine on the maiden flight, but I really dont' want to lose this plane.

Top Bottom