Spektrum Satellite for a AR7200BX- Will this Work???

yardner

OK, i bought a New DX8 with a AR8000 Rx @ satellite and a MT1000 tellemitry in the box.

My question is can i use this satellite (see pic below) with the AR7200BX that is on my 600E, that does NOT have a satellite on it now.
Or do i have to go and buy a different satellite for the AR7200BX ???

9B479585-DA82-432A-844D-80042CDCE019-53079-00000A4F73739787_zps35675c09.jpg

On the other side it does have DSMX stamped on the back.

I normally wouldn't have a problem just hooking up to my 450 and let her go and see what happens, but the 600E is Very new to me (? 6 flights maybe ) and it still has me a little spooked. Very, Very Coool spooked, as u know its a totally different bird.

Anyway Thanks for any advice.

9B479585-DA82-432A-844D-80042CDCE019-53079-00000A4F73739787_zps35675c09.jpg

Tony

Staff member
As stated, the DSMX Satellite that came in your DX8 box is perfect. I'm running one on my AR7200BX.

yardner

OK, Cool thats good to hear.
Iv'e never hooked up a Satellite before.
If i understand it right i need to plug in the Satellite into the Rx L (see pic below) port on on the AR7200BX and them rebind the TX after i install the satellite ???
as you can see the antenna on the BX heading to the right side of the frame. I was planning on installing the Satellite on the LEFT side of the frame. Is this the best way to do it ???

EB9A7343-4F1A-4E21-9F86-0BB109E1EFAC-5233-000006B79DCA44FA_zps3010bb56.jpg

Thanks,

EB9A7343-4F1A-4E21-9F86-0BB109E1EFAC-5233-000006B79DCA44FA_zps3010bb56.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yes, it will plug into the Rx L port on the AR7200BX. The short antenna on the Rx should go straight out from the Rx, then the long one should be going perpendicular to the short antenna. So, if the short one is going out to the side, run the long one with the tail boom. Make sure the Satellite Rx is at least two inches away from the other antenna and mount it on the opposite side of the frame of the other antennas.

yardner

OK, thanks T. got to fooling with it and will probably need a longer lead wire for it.

Also going to try to install the MT1000 that came with the DX8. But thats a whole other thread.

Regards,

Tony

Staff member
Telemetry is pretty easy once you do it a couple times. I have it on the nitro and it works great.

Tony

Staff member
When you put the TM1000 on the heli, you will plug it into the batt/bind port. There is a small button on the side of the TM1000 that you will push and turn the heli on. All Rx, including telemetry module, will flash to indicate bind mode. Then just bind it up. Can be a pain though lol.

yardner

Ok, just got is hooked up. Have another cool Glowing Light on my heli SWEET ! :)

"Telemetry is pretty easy once you do it a couple times. I have it on the nitro and it works great."

yeah! easy for you to say, Mr. RC Help-Guru-Fearless-Go To Man For Anything Heli :adoration::adoration::adoration:
But i'll give it a try and let ya know.

Thanks All at RC Help !!!

Tony

Staff member
lmao, hey, even I didn't know anything about it until I started playing with it. You can wrap your temp wire around the motor where it mounts to the motor mount, run yoru red and black wires directly to the ESC battery wires and your plug that goes from the Rx to the TM1000 will tell you what voltage your BEC is putting out. And you cna set alarms for any of them to let you know there is something hot, or low voltage.

yardner

OK T, Thanks. Thats gonna help.
and that's for the Big 3 i'm looking for. Pack Voltage - Head Speed and Motor Temp.

I Appreciate it.

Tony

Staff member
I don't know what heli you have this on, but if it's electric, you will need to get the brushless sensor for the telemetry module to sense the head speed. If it's nitro, then you should already have a sensor on the fan (if it's align, clutch if it's a Vibe).

yardner

I don't know what heli you have this on, but if it's electric, you will need to get the brushless sensor for the telemetry module to sense the head speed. If it's nitro, then you should already have a sensor on the fan (if it's align, clutch if it's a Vibe).

Electric, my Align 600E.
yes, i have read that they did not supply it with the sensor. Think i found one online.

thanks,

Top Bottom