Quad Safety Guides for Your Drone Before Flying

Veck

Banned
As Drone become more and more popular in rc field, it has been more and more for us to pay attention to. The most important thing is check the drone physically and know the basics before fly your drone. Drone parts are expensive, so it is necessary to check out all the parts before you head out for a flight. Here are some basics you need to check off before taking off your drone.

1: Weather Conditions
Drones is critical to the operating temperatures so that their gears do not freeze and their batteries remain undamaged. Be sure to refer to your owner’s manual for your device’s operating temperature range. Almost all consumer drones should not be flown during the winter due to below zero temperatures.

2: Your Drone Status Checking
Also it is important to check your drone for any loose parts or areas of damage. Begin by checking that the unit’s blades are firmly attached and would not fall off the craft during a flight. Also inspect each blade for nicks or cracks. If one is found, it is important to ground your flight and obtain replacement parts.

3: Battery’s Capacity Checking
Checking your drone’s battery is fully charged and ready to fly. If you suspect your battery may have an issue, immediately contact your aircraft manufacturer’s support department.
Now get a proper battery is good for us, many drone battery now can automatically check the battery capacity, battery status, such as Phantom battery, Tattu Plus smart battery, etc. Before fly, you can know the battery status by the indicator.

4: A Clear Area
There are many different shapes and sizes of drone, so you need to ensure the fly room before take-off. Large vast fields are recommended, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take-off from your backyard, permitted it has enough space.

5: Return Home Location Setting
Before flying, please ensure that you have a strong GPS signal and note whether your drone has a lock on its current take-off position. This can be set up within the mobile application.From personal drone flight experience, I also recommend programming your drone first to ascend to its maximum altitude before returning home.

Derek

Good write up! I like stuff like this. Then again, I'm a safe and responsible rc'er. From time to time, I'll head down to my local park to fly, from time to time. It's got a nice wide open place to fly. But....then again, from time to time, there is also a "Tiny-Tikes Soccer League" that goes there for practice. I know the coach. I've spoken to him many times. Because I like to see the youth get their soccer practice, I end my session and go somewhere else. If they are there before me, I go somewhere else. I don't even fly at the far end of that field because I don't want to distract the youth.

As for your statements above....these are great guidelines to ensure a fun and safe outing.

Top Bottom