700 Sab Goblin Kraken

Smoggie

Recently I sold off a few of the helis that I never fly and used the proceeds to get a new Goblin Kraken. Everyone has been raving about them so decided it would be good to see what all the excitement was about. Its not brand new but only a couple of months old.

Spec as follows:
Motor: Kontronik Pyro 750 500kv Competition
ESC: Kontronik Kosmik 200 Kool
Servos: BK
FBL: Spirit pro
Rx: Jeti R3L

It's a really nice design, it's pretty much all new with very few parts carried over from the previous Goblin models. The enclosed gearbox is a great idea, gears are all metal so no chance of stripping even with the most powerful setup, the belt primary drive is retained from the original Goblin. The modular frame design is very original and looks great. The servo layout is a complete departure from the traditional Goblin layout, the servos are no longer symmetrically positioned but it does make a much narrower frame allowing a sleeker canopy. The heli is a bit heavier than previous Goblins but it seems to fly great regardless based on the 4 flights I've got so far.
95D7C2A0-4EA1-4346-913D-F29173024F1B.jpeg

D02D07E1-1883-4EC0-9818-8570F7BBB99A.jpeg

Smoggie

Hi Neil, I've not shot a video yet. Once I get the fine tuning done on the FBL I'll shoot one. It has a different sound to the previous Goblins, there is a slight noise from the straight cut metal gears, but not much because the case seems to keep most of the noise in.

Smoggie

I still haven't done a video but my friend did catch a clip on his phone on Sunday, it's low resolution so not very good to watch but the sound is clear enough:

Smoggie

Hi Steve sounds nice but not the goblin sound track of old

It actually sounds like a Goblin with the metal main gear upgrade, but not quite as much of a metallic ringing because the sound is contained in the housing.

Smoggie

Ok I have not done that upgrade on mine sure is a lovely looking heli Steve
I don’t recommend it, the metal gear is noisy and needs constant lubrication. Only required for very high power setups and very hard flying

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Smoggie. Looks like a very nice and fun to fly heli you have there. I hope that you enjoy it :).

Top Bottom