SAB Goblin 380 Is Coming!!!

Tony

Staff member
That is a question that I have as well. I'm sure the motor will be unique to the helicopter being it's a 380 size. And being SAB, I will bet it will use mini servos (align 500 size, 26g). I say this because you can get BK servos in that size. All in all though, I think once you complete this kit, you will easily have over a grand in it. I'm sure they are going to want you to run 6s on it.

pvolcko

My guess is they'll use standard 350-450 size motors. Agree on the mini servos. 6s on a sub 400 machine. That'll be insane. :)

murankar

Staff member
This weeks rchn news section describes this kit. They say what servos and flight packs it will take.

If i remember they said mini or micro on the tail and micro on the cyclics. Battery will be in the ball park of 1500 and 2000 mha 6s. Esc and other stuff i am sure will be normal. Esc i am thinking will be nearer the 50 amp Phoenix lite. Motor might be a special kde or maybe scirpion motor. Battery tray is a slide out style like on all ther other turkey legs. The tail is a dampened version which is (i guess ) normal for sab.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
There is no way they are going to run micro 9g servos on a 380 size machine. That is just way too high of a load for those little guys. This thing is larger than the Warp 360. But, I guess we will find out soon. I may be wrong.

camaronparker77

If it is the 450 dominator size then perhaps, but this chopper looks bigger or is it only bulkier due to the canopy and boom? We will soon find out

Tony

Staff member
The Dominator is swinging 360mm blades, this one is a 380mm, so at least 4cm more in overall length. And yes, it's much bigger than a 450 size helicopter.

murankar

Staff member
Its way bigger than a dominator. The dominator and X3 are close.to the same size and both will swing at most 360mm. This turkey leg is swiging 380mm blades.

Let me rewind the episode and see what was said about cyclics. Its possible they said mini. Keep in mind thus kit is close to the original align 500. Looking at ft he pics of the guy holding 2 showed how big this kit is.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Yea this is closer to an align 500 than it is to an align 450. No matter though, the specs will come and if I can get the money in time, I will have this one!

Lee

Two of my friends in Marbella are ordering these as soon as possible.

This picture shows better, the size. In the other photos, it looks big.

IMG_238445255864089_zpsz9nzlrlq.jpeg

You can bet if I get one, it will have a set of these new BK micro servos on it.

IMG_225205715599401_zpsx7dheyxl.jpeg

Lee

Sweet.
Looks like you will be the first on here with one Camaron.
We will expect the best pictures and build thread ;)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello everyone, if you are in the market for a Goblin 380 and would like to save $4.00 on the purchase of one. The RC Galore.com has it. Down payment of $150 will save you one. Just thought some will like to save a little bit of cash. Have a good day!

Top Bottom