700 Rx opinions for T-Rex 700E V2 3GX

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Pretty sure I'll go with this heli in the super combo. Will get a Dx8 for it. I was thinking of getting the Beast X Ar7200 Rx, but since this is the 3GX version, do I need it? If not what do you all recommend? Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
The 3GX is just the gyro, and not a Rx. I know that spektrum has made a Rx/Gyro built together, but I can't remember what it's called. I want to say it's the beastX Rx, but don't quote me on that. I would just order the super combo with the DX8 and use the AR8000 Rx that comes with the Tx. If you want to put telemetry on it, you can.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
My very very very very very very very very lol strong suggestion.

Sell that 3gx and do not install it on your 700... It's a peice of Junk! There is a reason so many people have it on classifieds on a cheap price...

Get the 7200bx and add a satellite to it (for 35bucks) and you'll never turn back.

Now if you had kind of worked with FBL before and or are willing to learn and play around with a gyro, settings wise, to make it work right, I would highly recommend zyx or the zyx-s. zyx-s works like a beastx , just add satellite..
Btw zyx-s can support quads and planes too now. (on a side note)

If you want something that will work out of the box and you will need minimal setup, then I suggest beastx (7200bx or micro beast or beastx orange whatever) ..
But you do pay a price for it though. When dealing with bird that size, you wanna know the electronics are good quality and have stood testing of time.

Believe me 3gx had failed on more people than it has worked for. :)

My 20 dollars. Lol ;P

Tony

Staff member
I have to post up one suggestion. Get good with a 450 and the mcpx, I mean really good before you guy a 600/700 size heli. When those crash, you are talking over $100 to repair them most times. And if you have good blades on them, just the blades will cost you that. Plus the rest of the damage. Remember, it's not IF you crash, it's WHEN.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I know you are concerned, since my flying track record is heli's 3 Vince 0. But with circumstances. That mCPx I have, pulls the swash back by itself. Nobody has one that does that, or has seen that behaviour. Given the evidence, it must be my lack of real experience. Fair enough. :05.18-flustered: Like we say here, no video, never happened.

Most of my life I've taken on and done things even my family and friends thought was out of my league, and succeeded at them. Not all the time of course, but curiosity and a lot of grit go a long way. If I can manage the cost, in the next month or two I hope to buy the 700 kit and build her. Align just released build video's in great detail for that model and that will help. I'll also have the 450 build done before that, and I hope the kit will be in by Friday.

The 450 will be flown until I have no jitters in sport, and basic inverted. For this year I doubt I would fly the 700 for anything than sport, and hovering first.

Tony

Staff member
It's all good man, and I know where you are coming from. I as well get tempted to do things and most of the time they turn out pretty well. I just hate seeing members get into the hobby with something really expensive, crash, and not want to stay in it because it's too expensive. On that note, when that 700 spools up and you hear those blades cutting through the air, that alone will bring back those jitters lmao.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Take heed at what Tony says. Learn how to fly before you get into a big bird! Go from small to medium to big! Get lots of sym time!! Dont be like me. I went from a SR120 to my Align 600 ESP. I did nothing but crash and shell out mega bucks. Now the 600 is all fixed except the canopy. It has sat on that shelf since last summer. I have no intentions of doing anything but take it to RC shows and show it. Maybe some day a great flyer will buddy box me and teach me what I'm doing wrong! Lol untill then I'll just finish building the f7f and play with my t maxx and spartan. I just do not have it in me to take up the 600 and shell out more money in a crash!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
700 is very intimidating. But tell you this. If you can hover nose and out, ad stay high you'll see how forgiving and slow these big sizes are. So much more visible too.

Agree with tony to kinda get a bit more comfortable with the smaller ones.

I do also see what you are saying! Where there is a will there is a way.:)

Atleast sim a lot. And fly the heck out of a big bird on the sim.

Lee

I 100% agree with Gaba. Get rid of that 3GX. Its junk. The AR 7200BX is the way to go. Only one box to do two jobs, and take up less room.
The best size heli is the one you can afford to repair. The bigger the better as far as easy of flying, but for most people, the crash costs mean they opt for the 450 as a starter. $20 repairs over $100/200 repairs soon takes its toll.

Last edited:

Morelight

Fearless Freep
The visibility for orientation, plus the mass, rotor dia, and quality of the machine will make it easier to fly with care. Doing 3D with it in real life maybe not for a year or two.

Flying the same heli in the sim is much easier than the 450Pro, even with moderate wind. I've been doing inverted nose-in hovers the last 2 nights, but the transition from inverted nose-in to inverted tail-in is giving me a headache at the moment.

I hope do be doing inverted circuits within the next two weeks.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Now if you can Inverted hover in the sim, man you are too far now anywaz.. Lol ;) you'll be fine! Do you have any other bird to fly except for the doomed mcpx?

Ok.. One advise... Have you actually gotten good with forward flight, fff, figure eights, and backwards flight? If not! Please , (not trying to stop your progress, but just trying to help according what I have experienced and heard one too many times), get good with that before going inverted. It almost makes it a longer process of you don't have those down. If you do! Well good !!

It won't be 1 or 2 years.. I bet it'll not be more than 6 months! Just keep practicing! :)

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Gaba I have a Trex450 Pro Super Combo coming in the mail. It might be in by Friday I had it shipped Priority. I have the AR6210 DSMX Rx, 4 2200maH 50C batts, and spare parts coming with it. Last week I posted a sim vid of me flying pretty much the same 700 I want to get, and I've improved a bunch since then. You are right about nailing all the normal flying down first. Adding inverted circuit flights adds 4 more transitions your brain needs to lock down. I've done about 6 hours of sim today, and I had to stop.

Thanks for the great comments so far. Below should be some 700 flying from last week.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsphZPmSRuI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsphZPmSRuI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Tony

Staff member
I have cleaned up this thread from all of the stuff that was said in it. If anyone has any questions as to why, PM me and I will explain. Only Morelight, Gaba, and Lee have the need to ask why I did it and I have no issue explaining it.

Tony

Staff member
Gaba I have a Trex450 Pro Super Combo coming in the mail. It might be in by Friday I had it shipped Priority. I have the AR6210 DSMX Rx, 4 2200maH 50C batts, and spare parts coming with it. Last week I posted a sim vid of me flying pretty much the same 700 I want to get, and I've improved a bunch since then. You are right about nailing all the normal flying down first. Adding inverted circuit flights adds 4 more transitions your brain needs to lock down. I've done about 6 hours of sim today, and I had to stop.

Thanks for the great comments so far. Below should be some 700 flying from last week.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsphZPmSRuI?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsphZPmSRuI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

One thing that I noticed in that video is a lot of "stick banging". It took me forever to get a handle on how to control the cyclic and it will come to you. Just take your time and make slow deliberate movements on the sticks. This will help you out more than anything else in flying and your heli will be much more controllable. Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
Oopsie!!! ;P

No worries bro. Read the PM I sent you. Not mad or anything, it was just the way it came across that I didn't want the wrong opinion to come across to other members. I know the intentions were good and not bad, it just looked bad. Call me if you want a full explanation, you have my number.

Top Bottom