Quad Runner 250 Is Going To See Air!!!

Tony

Staff member
Well, you all know how bad I hate the Devo7 Tx. It's a horrible tx after using something better like my DX9. So i never flew it because programming it is just a pain in the ass. So today I decided it was time to put a 6ch Rx on the Runner 250.

First off, the battery for that quad only had 1.2 volts per cell. It was beyond dead. I had to 'juice' it just to get the charger to charge it. This is not safe and I do not suggest anyone does it. The battery could explode in your face. But, I did what I had to do and it's charging. I have already verified all of the controls and we should be ready for a flight once this battery charges. It's already been charging for 30 minutes at 3 amps and has put in 1400mah. The cells are at 3.88 lol. So yea, I have a while to go.

First flight is just going to be a LOS flight to make sure everything is going to work right. If you saw the unboxing and maiden flight video, you know that I have never flown this quad FPV. That is going to change today if all goes well. I have already shot the video (and uploaded) on replacing the main power board and replacing the OSD module so I'm quite interested in flying this FPV. OSD is going to be nice so that I can completely run a battery out but not hurt it.

Now I need to find an adapter so that I can put my antenna on it that I want on it. I have no idea where the stock antenna went, but it was very short and the electronics would have blocked the crap out of it. So I'm going to put one on it that will get up in teh air. If I crash, it would be bad but it's worth a shot. Actually I may go ahead and put some antennas on it that are very flexible. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

I think I'm going to put the Mobius on the Runner on the first flight. Maybe... lol.

Post what you want to see on this quad.

Tony

Staff member
Alright, just fired up the quad to test out the FPV system and all is working. The OSD is showing on the screen, but a lot of the numbers are not working and the horizon bar is not moving. Might have to look into that. But we have a picture!!! That alone is a win in my book. Didn't have one when the OSD was missing lol.

Tony

Staff member
It saw air, but I knew I shouldn't have flown in this wind... It pushed me right into the power lines and she started falling to earth, powering itself straight into the ground, inverted. Destroyed the brand new antenna, destroyed two props, ripped the wires out of the camera (again) and most of all, it completely destroyed my Mobius. It will not power on and the 64GB SD card that was in it won't even play any of the old footage that is on it. Needless to say, I'm throwing the Runner 250 in the trash. I'm done with it. Nothing but problems.

Tony

Staff member
Here are some pictures of the charger when I was charging the 2200mah pack (by the way, the IR was only 4 per cell). Then, there is the mobius guts which are trashed (see if you can tell why) and then there is the pain in the ass quad that just cost me $80 that I don't have. Anyone have another action cam? Killing that camera has taken all flight videos out of the equation...

IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0627.JPG
IMG_0628.JPG
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0630.JPG
IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

Tony

Staff member
Scratch that. It killed my Mobius AND the 64GB SD card. So we are now close to $200 lost. I think the runner, myself and my shotgun are going to take a walk to the back yard...

murankar

Staff member
wow dude thats hard to swallow. just be lucky it wasn't a 570. So what the plan? You know you dont want to shoot it.

Tony

Staff member
Oh yes I do!!! But since it was sent to RCH by TinyDeal, and the main power board and OSD are from GearBest, I won't actually be able to destroy it. I will just set it up on a shelf as a reminder. RTF quads SUCK!!!!!!!!!

And If I had purchased all of this myself (I did purchase the Mobius and SD card), it would be MORE than your 570 crash lmao. How much is that for suckage... I forgot to mention, I also broke the camera mount in the crash. So now, I have to pretty much beg a vendor to send me a camera for review lmao. Not a bad thing, but I was trying to put it off for a while.

Top Bottom