General RUMOR: SAB to phase out the 570

murankar

Staff member
At this time I do not have much info on this topic. At my last Club meeting an SAB field rep informed me that the 570 is going to be phased out but the parts will still be suported. Once the 570 is oficailly phased out there will be no more new kits being mad. Again from what I was told parts will still be supported. I will update this as I get more info on the topic.

Geena

Staff member
I have not heard anything about that myself, but I can`t imagine SAB giving one of their top selling models the axe.

murankar

Staff member
What I see happening is a revamp to 590. That could give the option of 570-600 mm blades. Like I said it's just rumor and I don't have any facts to back up the claim. It's just what I heard.

Geena

Staff member
That, I could definitely as a good idea. It would give a wider range of blade sizes for the same airframe. A lot of pilots have already stretched the 570, to 600 anyway. So why not just go ahead and offer it that way out of the box. I`m curious to see where they go with it.

murankar

Staff member
It just sounds logical with the 630 becoming a 650. I also heard that the 770 is being phased out. Again I don't have any facts to back the claim.

Smoggie

SAB do seem to 'refresh' their heli lineup quite regularly. Often the changes are largely cosmetic, like the phasing out of the 630 and introduction of the 'Black Thunder 650'... In reality they are the same helicopter with a few largely cosmetic changes. You could always fit up to 660mm blades on the 630 anyway! They may well do the same trick with the 570, so it may be more of a 'refresh' than a genuine phasing out.

Smoggie

PS... I heard something about the 770 being phased out too, but if that will only be replaced by a 'BlackThunder 770' or some very similar size heli that shares 95% of parts only time will tell.

Did your field ref mention anything about the new Goblin Comet 700 size speed heli?... SAB have had pre-production versions of that on show for ages but still no release date.

murankar

Staff member
No he didn't. I don't think he follows the speed scene all that much. I can ask at the next meeting. That will be the first Wednesday of june.

Smoggie

Thanks Uri, it's just curiosity to be honest I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon.

murankar

Staff member
I want to say that the comet is the new model to replace the current speed. I can't see them making a new speed model so soon.

What I could see is a new paint job for the comet to have it fit with the rest.

Just to speculate we could see SAB make a speed that rivals the R5 in size class

Smoggie

Yes, that's right. The current speed model will be discontinued to make way for the Comet. The Comet is a complete new design from the ground up, it's got nothing in common with previous Goblins.

Some dealers here in the UK already have the Comet available for pre-order but there is no delivery date.

murankar

Staff member
I didn't see a date either. I know the two mini models are due out at the end of July. So I wonder if the comet will release then too?

Top Bottom