600 Rudder Servo

putang

I had some time to day to work on my helicopter. but ran into a problem the rudder would only turn into the boom side. but from a neutral point it will not turn out away from the boom . thought maybe it was binding . so I disconnected the rod . the servo arm or star shaped wheel would only rotate about 15/30 degrees. went into the transmitter and open the instruction manual , tail menu tail type 760 tail frequency 333 tail sub trim 0 all checked out . tail limit A 235 could only get 200 + - tail limit B never did find that or dir-rud sensor . or dir-pir sensor , what am I missing or doing wrong . really appreciate any help.

murankar

Staff member
Not sure, if your not getting full travel look at dual rates and see if that's affecting the travel. I don't think expo would help here.

Make sure the gyro sees full stick input. Not sure about your setup on how to check.

Rob Lancaster

First I'd like to know if its the servo or the gyro that's causing the problem. If the TX is all centered out, with the servo travel set at 100% in both directions, then bypass the gyro and plug the servo into a servo tester or if you don't have a tester, just plug the servo directly into the RX and test the travel there.
If it travels good there then I think the gyro's end points need to be set.
Good luck and let us know what happens...

putang

good morning rob . I know that the gyro is part of the receiver . it is the falcon 12 hott by graupner . yes the tx is all centered out 100 +,- .I am not sure of the end points . the servo horn seems to only turd approx. 15 deg which is enough to move the tail rotor its full travel . but now it seems to bottom out and the servo buzzes . if you move the stick slightly it stops I will have to look at the gyro end points when I get home from work . thank you for the reply .

putang

yes I bought the vgeby motor servo tester multi function and the HJ digital motor tester . from amazon. good time to find out how they work .

putang

I hope that it is not the servo . at one time I could not even get it to work seems that I had to change the frequency to 760 us . so I thought it was bad and searched for 1 it seems they only sell them in Europe and they will not ship to my address in the USA . graupner has a servo find section on there web page .and that's where I left it . graupner USA where I bought this stuff from does not like to return there telephone calls there's 3 hrs. difference between the east coast and west coast I live on the east side . there must be 4 hrs. between the east coast and you in Hawaii.

Rob Lancaster

If the servo you are using is a 1520uSec at 333Hz, setting it to 760uSec 560Hz won't solve the problem. Make sure you match the servo to the RX's out-put...

Heck I think we're 5 hours back on the clock now here in Hawaii .. We don't do that Day-light Savings thing here.

putang

I will have to Waite till I get home from work 5:00 pm est. to find that out . not many people can help me with this graupner tx/rx . popular in Europe like spectrum is here in the USA.

putang

the servo for my thunder tiger raptor tail rotor is ds0606n
  • Weight: 60g
  • Torque (Kg-cm): 4.8V: 4.5 / 6.0V: 5.5
  • Transit Time (sec/60°): 4.8V: 0.073 ; 6.0V: 0.058
  • Voltage Range: 4.8V / 6.0V
  • PWM Pulse: 760μs
    • Torque: 8.5kg/cm @ 4.8v. 10kg/cm @ 6v
    • Speed: 0.19 sec/60 Degrees @ 4.8v. 0.15 sec/60 Degrees @ 6v
    • Weight: 1.75oz (49.7 g) the manual says that it is a ds1510 mg servo ace-rc for both servos

putang

Either 1 of these servos state that they are transit time or speed [sec/60 degrees . but the one on the helicopter the ds0606 n . Moves about 15 degrees with full movement left to right . I am going to test the servo to see if it is indeed a 60 degrees .

RandyDSok

The speed that a servo travels ( sec/60 degrees ) isn't the same as the amount of travel the servo can travel... one is how fast, the other is how far.

putang

ok so the servo that in my helicopter the ds0606n moves about 15 deg total. it must be based on speed since it has full travel . then now I have to find out why it bottoms out and buzzes like it has a load on it.

Top Bottom