Spektrum Rudder issue with DX8

cn63bug

Hey guys. Last month I got a DX8 as a surprise from my wife. She knew I was wanting one and found a great deal on one. Now the question that I've got is, while I was flying my 130 on my old DX6i, everything was locked in. Tail, cyclic, it just flew well. Didn't use any trim or sub-trim with it. When I bound the 130 to the DX8, it flies fine except that there is a drift on the tail. Tail drifts to the left. I can trim it out, but haven't been able to do mechanically. Still drifts unless I put trim on it and it usually takes a lot of trim to do it. I've checked the monitor screen and the rudder looks and behaves normal there and re-calibrated the sticks as well. Any thoughts?

Tony

Staff member
make sure your sub trims and your trims are all centered and there is NO mixing in the Tx. Then rebind it.

cn63bug

make sure your sub trims and your trims are all centered and there is NO mixing in the Tx. Then rebind it.

Checked and double checked the trims and sub trims: all centered. Checked mixing and all was good; no mixing at all. Will try to rebind this weekend to see if it helps.

Slobberdog

The gyro should be INH on the 130x so all you got is mechanical setup, give it a good look over Chris as there should be no diff from the 6 to the 8

I would say delete the model re input as per the manual then rebind if you find nowt mechanical

Ken Jackson

Hey guys. Last month I got a DX8 as a surprise from my wife. She knew I was wanting one and found a great deal on one. Now the question that I've got is, while I was flying my 130 on my old DX6i, everything was locked in. Tail, cyclic, it just flew well. Didn't use any trim or sub-trim with it. When I bound the 130 to the DX8, it flies fine except that there is a drift on the tail. Tail drifts to the left. I can trim it out, but haven't been able to do mechanically. Still drifts unless I put trim on it and it usually takes a lot of trim to do it. I've checked the monitor screen and the rudder looks and behaves normal there and re-calibrated the sticks as well. Any thoughts?

Are you running the metal tail gears? If your not your plastic is probably worn. If you have the metal look at the front gears with a magnifying glass. I have worn the teeth down on both the small gear and the large shaft gear and at different times. Tail starts to drift.

Ken

Top Bottom