700 RPM ws battery

Hungomez

Hi. Any one could tell for me, how effect the higher rpm the flying time?
One of my friend said, will be not, because the helicopter run on the air. More rpm less power.
I have changed the motor in my Goblin 700. (Xnova 500kv ) with 24t pulley.
The motor is much bigger than I had before. What's same, is the rpm. Scorpion 500kv with 21t pulley.
So the question is, if I put back my 21t pulley on the xnova do I get a more flying time?
Scorpion 4035 500kv I got about 6, 6:30 minutes
Xnova 4530 8D 5, 5:20 minutes.
I know the scorpion was a lower end and xnova closer to higher, so I'm not surprised! The helicopter amazing with the higher rpm, but I'm not on that level where it's need.
So if I use the small pulley, will I have more flying time?
Specially because I have a lot smaller batteries example 3300 sticks as well, what was given 4:30 , now 3:30.
Thanks

Smoggie

Yes, higher RPM hits flight time hard. A smaller pinion and lower RPM should give you longer flight time (but less performance).

murankar

Staff member
both motors are high end motor. Xnova will generally give you more flight time by design over the scorpion couonter part. As for the pullies on the heli, as smoogie said lower head speed equalls more flight time. It also means ypu will need to fly the heli and learn collective managment. Higher head speeds equalls less flight time and less collective management.

Hungomez

Yes, exactly. I don't know, my mate why saying that. When I changed the motor, and rpm radically changed my flying time. I have lost about 1-1,5 minutes at least. I think more.
I still have problems with the heli , what's will be tested today.
On the start, about 1 ,1,5 minutes, it was looking there is a problem with the fbl system. Hard to explain, the helicopter wasn't stable! So sensitive, looks out of control, and always keep beck. I thought there is a more vibration because of the rpm. I have changed almost everything. Main shaft, bearings. Blades checked. No change. Now I factory reset my fbl ( spartan ) and give another go. I hope it's help and sort out the problem. If not, I have no idea what's wrong with it. I will try another fbl system...

murankar

Staff member
First when changing head speeds you will need to change the head gain. Higher head speeds typically leads to lower head gains and lower head speeds lead to higher head gains. Try that first then look at collective pitch.

Hungomez

Yea. I just back now, and still not good. Better but far away, how it was.
I will try it later.
Thanks a lot:)

Hungomez

I have a goblin 380 as w, with Msh Brain2. Excellent. No issues with it. I will change it when it's comes back in stock again. In UK I can't buy the brain2 BT nowhere.
I'm not very good on the electronic setup, but with the brain, it is so simple.
Now I have no idea how to change the gain on the spartan, I have look on YouTube.

Hungomez

Second time today, I have dropped a gain, same rpm ( high ) same problem. Esc calibration again, and I also dropped the rpm on idle 1. Finally good!
As soon as I switch to idle up 2 , 85% problems again. So. All about the rpm. Really everything fine with the heli! I have built a lot, and I'm very precise.
Could be better to use another fbl system. I will try next week.
I want to do some flying on this weekend, I was waiting a long to get it fixed. Still ok on lower rpm. I can't do a hard 3d. :( , just keep trying...

Hungomez

Hi. Thanks for all help:) yes, but not how it's meant to be... I really tried everything, and never had a similar issue. I don't fly a long time ago on helicopters,just 3 years ago, but I built a lot, and never seen that, on any of them. I do models about 12 years ago. I was flying on planes.
The fixing is ,I changed the fbl unit...
now flying amazing, rock solid, or very aggressive, depends of the flight mode. I think msh much far a head than spartan.. , or possible there was a fault in a my unit, or I just missed something all the time. I don't know...
I will try again on trex 800 , when I finish off.
It's wasn't very nice to play with it here, in England, because most of the time is raining. I missed a lot of sunshine and good weather...
The 800 DFC will be interested, because I don't have a carbon frame, and I used assault 700 frame to build up this 800 size helicopter. All the parts Align. Only the frame is a fake. I keep watching, if somewhere comes up on god price, I will change the frame.
If the spartan not working on this 800, definitely faulty.
I have a spare Kbar, but I never used. I have no idea how is works. Maybe I need a help on that, but first I try the spartan.

IMG_3690.JPG

IMG_3531.JPG

Hungomez,
Did you watch Burt Kamerer set up video on you tube? 6 part videos on how to set up the Spartan FBL unit. its a video on the Vx1n but its the same for all Spartan FBL units. I run 2 Spartan Vx1e units on my heli's, with one on my 800 hippo and I wouldn't use anything else. I used Burts videos to set both of mine as the software instructions can be a little complicated due to the terminology it uses... but Burt explains what they mean and why.
if this doesn't work I can only presume you have a fault in the FBL unit as it happens from time to time.

Check out my videos on you tube (The Flying Hippo) from Hippo gets an upgrade on.... caution though, little bit of bad language in some of them as we just take the urine out of each other constantly...

Hungomez

Hi. Thanks, I watched all. I personally prefer brain, so I have changed. No issues at all. I knew, nothing wrong with the heli. Must be something with the spartan. I flown on trex 600E with spartan, two years ago,there was a little issue as well. On tick tock it was keep right, also on quick flips. I doesn't dealing with it, because It wasn't a big issue. But now, I have tried all what I know, and doesn't help.
I will try on different helicopter.
Thanks again.

Top Bottom