Prop Rogue Bipe Mini

Tony

Staff member
Here is the one that I can't wait to fly. When I purchased my Edge 540T, I was also looking at the Ultimate Bipe as well. i have always loved Bipe's, and always wanted one. Well, now I have one. i just have to find everything to put this one together.

Like the Edge 540 Mini, I have to get all of the hardware for this one. They are out of stock on the site where these are sold, so I'm going to have to find it somewhere else. Although this one will not need much. it comes with the landing gear, but no axles, wheels, or control horns. I will also have to round up all of the screws to put the wings on as well.

the build shouldn't be that hard. Epoxy the tail together, CA all of the hinges, and install all of the hinges. The fuse on this plane is very narrow, a lot more narrow than the Extra or Edge. The battery goes in the bottom just behind the firewall as well. I need to find the instruction manual for this thing, cause there is a lot of questions that I have about it. Louis is the one that could help with that one lol.

But, as you can see, this is not a plane that most would think that I would purchase. I mean come on, pink? Yup, that's right. I went with pink cause that is how good the deal was on it lmao. I'm sure that I will slam this thing into the ground, and then I can recover it in a different color. But for now, Pink is good lmao.

IMG_5036.jpgIMG_5037.jpgIMG_5038.jpgIMG_5039.jpgIMG_5040.jpgIMG_5041.jpgIMG_5042.jpgIMG_5043.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

IMG_5037.jpg

IMG_5038.jpg

IMG_5039.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5043.jpg

Tony

Staff member
You and me both. Like I said, this one will be the second one I put in the air after the Extra. I saw this one fly, and it's a lot more stable than I thought it would be. But, that could just be the pilot too lol.

Lee

Really love the biplanes. I gotta get me another plane for acro. The funjet is great for that adrenaline rush but i want to do tricks :D

Keith

There's something about flying a bipe that grabs us... I built one years ago that was so heavy it would not get more than 15 foot of the ground... So slow and gracefull... Covered it in linen, thats what made it so heavy... The good thing was when I eventually crashed it I could carry it all home in it's own bag....

Tony

Staff member
It's noticeable on the plane. The leading edge of the wings and tail feathers are pink, and there are a couple stripes. Then, that pastel purple just sets it off even more... As long as it flies well, that is all I care about.

RandyDSok

While I do reserve the right to pick on you and Louis about having pink on your planes... seriously I think it looks fine, the other colors offset it well... ps, don't tell Louis that... lol

Keep everything you put into this one as light as you can... this is were using a heavier motor will really affect the performance of the airframe...

Randy

Tony

Staff member
That is one of the reasons that I'm going to go with a higher KV motor, but still long enough to hold the proper spinner. I'm actually thinking about putting a 2500kv motor and run a 2s battery just to keep the weight down. But, i will more than likely stick with the 3S battery. and if I need more power, I have the option of running a 4S battery with this motor. The 4S will bring the amps down, but the weight will go up. I will just have to see. I'm running plastic gear servos in these just to see how they handle. I know the first time I touch a rudder to the ground that it's going to be trashed. but, when the servo is less than $3, who cares lol. and if I need metal gear, I'm going to use the EXI D213F Digital servos for $7 each. I didn't like having to pay $20 for a servo. I guess that is better than the $100 I paid for the steering servo that I raced with lmao.

RandyDSok

Ok... I've done a little bit of reading up on this bipe to see what others were saying about it, what equipment they used etc... I was focusing mostly on what prop size and which motor they were selecting and their comments about those selections. I also looked at the battery selections that were being made...

The majority were going with a 3S 2100mah size battery, prop size selected usually was the APCe 11x5.5 though there were a handful using a 12x6. The most popular motors used were the Eflight 480 1020kV on the lighter side and the Hacker A30-16M 1060kV on the heavier side.

The guys flying the heavier Hacker were critisizing the roll and KE coupling much more than the guys flying the ligher Eflight... In fact, one that used a very very light setup was the one that mentioned that the coupling was substantially reduced with that setup. Coupling issues were the most talked about issue on this bipe and from what I saw being reported, the ones with the lighter setups were the most happy in this area.

So... select a motor that will provide something between the 300w to 400w range and keep it as light as possible. For batteries... the 3S 2100mah's are going to be the heaviest I'd recommend and I'd probably suggest to stay in the 1500-1800mah range just to save a little more. If you do find a motor that you can use on 2S, you can probably go with a higher MAH without much problem.

The kV you mentioned you were thinking of for a 2S setup is too much... If you are going 2S you will want something in the 1650kV range and for a 300w setup it will need to handle @ 40A with the 11x5.5 prop... a 400w setup would need around 54A to support the same sized prop.

Trying to use a 2500kV setup on 2S would require that you use a smaller prop which would reduce the thrust and your control surfaces would be much less effective.

Randy

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for that Randy. I will be a while before I get this one in the air. I just ordered the electronics for the Extra 260 and should have them next week.

Tony

Staff member
Well, today I decided to epoxy the wings onto this beast. I have to say, doing this is the biggest pain in the ass that I have had yet in building these planes. I do not want to have to do this again lol. But, it's all learning, and I did learn something. You need more than two hands to do this lmao.

But, the wings are now drying as are the fuse and wing mounts. Once that is done, I will start working on the tail feathers and get them all setup and get some servos installed. Still need to order a lot of stuff for this one before it will be ready to go into the air. Just thought I would update you guys.

zapster

This one is my favorite of all the planes you got in that killer deal Tony.I would have bought it when you said you were going to
sell all your stuff then you changed your mind but thats cool to.Hope to see it in the air soon or in a box being shipped to my house.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Glad to see your working on the planes again. I have to wait till next weekend to get to work on mine again. I won't get package with the servo blocks and my long awaited retracts till Tuesday next week? Oh well. I might try glueing the flaps and elevator and ailerons together though. Hope I'm more careful with the glue this time! Lol

bvarney

Now your gonna paint your new DX8 pink to match? LMAO! Maybe diamond studded control sticks too? LMAO again!
Sorry Dude, had to get my dig in. I like it seriously, I have always been a fan of BIPES, love to watch these birds do their stuff.
Good luck finding the parts to finish it!

Bruce

Tony

Staff member
I have all of the control surfaces, and even the plastic landing gears, but I need to find the nylon bolt for the wing, axles, wheels, rear wheel (I will make the axle out of wire), motor/ESC, servos and prop and I will be set. I have it sitting behind me actually. I was going to take the Extra apart and ptu everything on this one, but couldn't bring myself to do it lmao.

I am thinking about ripping off all of the monokote, and doing it some other color. Something badass, not pink hahaha. And if I paint my DX8, it's going Candy Apple Red...

Top Bottom