600 rex 600n advice

cabbie

Decided to go for a nitro heli (lipo charging for the trex 600 and 700 getting boring now :) )

Picked up this pro built but never started 600n today, been in the guys loft for ages!

Question is, it's an older modle and has the out of date 3G unit, should I just use it as is or fit a DFC head and new 3GX?

Also it came set up with a Futarba Tranny and I want to use my Spekky DX7

002_zpse4538564.jpg

003_zpsa3644d5b.jpg

Slobberdog

Don't change the head, as those heads are pretty robust and the links give way before servos in the event of a crash, I would probably go for a better gyro though, not a 3gx as they hate vibes, use the money you can save from not changing the head and buy an Ikon/Brain, fast lad in this weekends sale have them for £144 delivered

damhdearg

What Kev said, lol.
You can still get spares for that head and now after the hype of the DFC head has died down a lot of companies are going back to that style, it leaves more room for a variety of headspeeds. DFC tends to favour higher headspeed.
I havent flown the original 3G but it is an early fbl unit and by all accounts was pretty poor.
With the servos, engine, airframe and head you have a very good base to add a good fbl unit like the Brain.

Lee

Good find on the 600. I have a friend here selling his too. If I had the cash, I'd buy it, just to have a crack at Nitro too.
I still have my AR7200BX sitting here if that interests you. £85 and its yours. Will work perfectly with your DX7 too.

Tony

Staff member
Sweet find. And good deal on teh Ikon. I was hoping that you were not going to get a 3GX. I have tried to find the solution for them, and now that Align is pretty much axing the 3GX and telling everyone to purchase a new gyro or get bent, I'm done with them. The 3GX that is. Still love the birds lol. Really need to get mine out and fly them again. Keep us posted.

Top Bottom