Quad Rewiring battery connections

WyDiablo

I bought some of these and was going to rewire all of my battery connections and I have 12awg wire on everything including my battery wires. But after soldering the connectors onto the wire ends I can't pull the wire back through to make the connectors "Snap" into place inside the red shields. I think that the 14awg is too big and I need 12awg instead. If that is true then I will have to add 12awg wire to the ends of my battery wires to make this happen. Nothing made east huh just one giant step after another lmaoooooooooo.

five pairs of 4.0 banana plug with protect pipe 30MM

RMB677

Rather than installing new connectors I make adapters. Female X on one end, male Z on the other, length as needed. This way if I get something new all I do is make an adapter.

pvolcko

12 AWG is larger than 14 AWG. The lower the number the larger the diameter.

Are you sure they pull back through to snap into place and not push through the back of the connector like EC2/3/5 type connectors?

Last edited:

WyDiablo

Yes they pull thru the red protector my LHS showed me how they assembled. But that 12 awg wire is just wayyyy to big. I shorted out a new battery using the power poles some how. I just plugged the battery into the quad connector and the wires instantly got extremely hot. I guess I can solder the bullet connectors onto the wires and then shrink wrap them like normal. I will just have to keep careful eye on how I plug them up when flying

john2012

Banned
Hey you can use a small flat tip screw driver to push them in they will go in,and it is a struggle but it will go in

WyDiablo

Well what I did was just solder on the bullet connectors and I put the female connector on all the hot wires and then I use heat shrink on them. I will just have to be very careful when I plug these into the quad. I tried really hard to pull the bullet connectors threw the red plastic covers but they just would not go I think my wire was way too big for that.

Top Bottom