Returning Modeller

Jim Coleman

Hi all I have just joined your forum today “Thanks for adding me”. This forum looks like it is just what I need. My name is “Jim Coleman” and I am from the UK. I am 65 years old and have been involved with model flying (fixed wing only) for more years than I care to remember but I have not done any RC Model work for more than 15 years.

I can’t really explain why I have decided to start building again, I think it must be that “once a modeller always a modeller” thing, or a rush of blood to my head, however, I have recently decided to have a go at building a Quad copter and I also thought why should I start small? So for my sins I decided to purchase the HMF U580 Pro quad.

Now my reasoning is as follows I am now retired and on a very restricted budget so I thought building my project from the ground up as it were will give me the experience that will help me be in a better place when it comes to maintaining and repairing it and I could buy the parts I need as and when I can afford them. I have already ordered several parts from the internet and I have just received this part today the 15x15mm Eachine TeenyCube F3 6Dof Betaflight 2-4S Flight Control with 5V BEC” it was delivered with no documentation or instructions and I am not 100% sure what it does or how. Is this a miniature version of the “Rcmodelpart Pixhawk PX4 32bit flight controller”? which is what I have ordered. I hope I won’t bore you all with what may become a regular questions thing from me but I am a bit behind the times with some of the new tech that is around at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Jim, I'm sure you will find heaps of support here. You will find that manuals are almost a thing of the past particularly for smaller items, you will find most of them available on the internet or find a Youtube video of how to set them up, Tony who runs this forum is a prolific producer of high quality How to videos, all of which are available on the forum as well as Youtube.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Jim, welcome to the forum. That FC you have there is a 15x15 mm, which is very small for that quad you are wanting to put it on. I would get a standard size FC if you are building a 580mm quad. Way more features and way more room.

Welcome back to the hobby, quads are fun if you just want to fly and not worry about the complicated setup or hassle of learning to fly helicopters.

:welcome1:

Jim Coleman

Hey Jim, welcome to the forum. That FC you have there is a 15x15 mm, which is very small for that quad you are wanting to put it on. I would get a standard size FC if you are building a 580mm quad. Way more features and way more room.

Welcome back to the hobby, quads are fun if you just want to fly and not worry about the complicated setup or hassle of learning to fly helicopters.

:welcome1:
Hi Tony, thanks for the message and the welcome. The FC was sent to me by error but as I am just getting to feel my way around quads and all the different bits and bobs that are available I was curious as to what the 15x15 actually as the sender did not include any kind pf paperwork nor instructions as to ho to in stall or set it up. Thankfully the provider has been back in touch today Friday 17/8/18 and we have resolved the issue . The part I actually ordered was a part that provided power to the HMF U580 pro's retractable landing gear. sSo thanks for all the help and I just know that I will be posting more questions for the members. TTFN (ta, ta, for now)

Top Bottom