Reports Of The Forum Going Down

Tony

Staff member
I have heard a few reports that the forum had went down last night and that it has "ate" some replies. I'm here to address these issues.

There were a couple posts that I KNEW I posted and when I was asked about them, I could not find them. I figured it was just me being tired and I didn't submit them. It happens. But then Lee said that he did the same thing and the forum ate his reply as well. So I started digging.

I found a table in the database that had crashed so I repaired it and it's back up and running. But, this would cause issues, not the forum to go down.

After hearing about the forum going down, I checked my server uptime and it's only showing about 7.5 hours. I did some more checking and they had restarted my server after an update, so that is not a good measure of the issue. But, they have been making some changes to the server and it could affect the way the forum runs. I'm staying on top of it and to me, the forum has not went down. But, I'm not on here 24/7 anymore so I don't know when it goes down unless someone tells me.

If your computer can't connect to the forum, try it on yoru cell phone. Make sure you are on the network for your cell phone, and not your homes wifi. If you can't connect with either one, send me an email and I will look into it. Just remember, I can only work on it when I'm awake lol. My phone is on silent from 0800 to about 1830 so I will not get it during that time.

admin@rc-help.com

Put that email address in your contacts under Rc-Help.com. I may not return all emails, but I will read all of them. And if there is an issue that I can duplicate, I will do my best to correct it.

Slobberdog

was on here till about 11 my time 6 ish yours, with no probs apart from one of my post duplicating itself, which i promptly edited,

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the double posting used to be a HUGE issue on my old server. The owner kept jacking with the Apache files causing nothing but issues. Then he changed the email address to his in my config file. Last night, because he jacked with my files, he got over 300 emails with database errors (due to the crashed table). He sent me an email last night saying I needed to change my config file. My response to him was "You are the one that changed it". And I left it up a bit longer lmao. Yup, I'm an ass when I need to be. Don't mess with my files hahahahaha.

But, that issue that he caused is why I came back to the expensive server. once in a while, the forum will not catch the double posts and will let them through. Not a big deal, it happens. As long as it's not happening every time you post. If it does, let me know and I will try to update the server.

Slobberdog

lol nothing better than being arsey some times, good for enjoyment purposes.

Double post has only ever happened to me that once, so not a prob, just coincidence i guess

pvolcko

I saw the forum down last night, maybe around 10pm ET? When I got back on I saw your post about updating the forum so I figured I just caught you in the middle of that.

Graham Lawrie

I posted a few messages from my phone, that dont appear to have gone on, like you i thought it was me or the network not putting them on?

Graham Lawrie

I have heard a few reports that the forum had went down last night and that it has "ate" some replies. I'm here to address these issues.

There were a couple posts that I KNEW I posted and when I was asked about them, I could not find them. I figured it was just me being tired and I didn't submit them. It happens. But then Lee said that he did the same thing and the forum ate his reply as well. So I started digging.

I found a table in the database that had crashed so I repaired it and it's back up and running. But, this would cause issues, not the forum to go down.

After hearing about the forum going down, I checked my server uptime and it's only showing about 7.5 hours. I did some more checking and they had restarted my server after an update, so that is not a good measure of the issue. But, they have been making some changes to the server and it could affect the way the forum runs. I'm staying on top of it and to me, the forum has not went down. But, I'm not on here 24/7 anymore so I don't know when it goes down unless someone tells me.

If your computer can't connect to the forum, try it on yoru cell phone. Make sure you are on the network for your cell phone, and not your homes wifi. If you can't connect with either one, send me an email and I will look into it. Just remember, I can only work on it when I'm awake lol. My phone is on silent from 0800 to about 1830 so I will not get it during that time.

admin@rc-help.com

Put that email address in your contacts under Rc-Help.com. I may not return all emails, but I will read all of them. And if there is an issue that I can duplicate, I will do my best to correct it.

Tony, just put a post on Slobberdogs for sale and it never came up??

Tony

Staff member
Alright, I'm looking into it, but I'm seeing nothing wrong with the server configuration. Keep posting when this stuff happens. Make a post, then hit CTRL+F5 to do a hard refresh of the page and make sure its there. If it's not, let me know exactly what time it was so that I can narrow down the issues.

Top Bottom