1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Reply Notifications

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by bigone5500, Jul 1, 2018.

1. bigone5500

bigone5500 I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

When I get an email notification of a reply, it only says that someone has replied to a thread I'm subscribed to. It would be nice if the emails contained the post or at least part of it. Is it possible to implement this feature?

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

The main reason we don't include the post is for my sanity. if it stated the actual post or part of the post, people just hit reply and instead of posting in the thread, they would just send me an email. I don't mind emails, but when you are getting 20+ a day and each one you are having to say "please post in the thread linked in the email", it gets old after a while. I am about to edit the new email though from this forum to include "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, REPLY IN THE THREAD" at the top of it because it still happens, even though there is no info in the email. On the old software though, it was much worse.

3. bigone5500

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.

4. Tony

If I can find a way to turn off replies, maybe from a no-reply@rch address that bounces back emails to the sender, then I will turn that feature back on. But that brings up another issue and that is, the email address is linked with the contact email address on the site. So it would bounce those back as well. There has to be a way. I'm looking...

5. bigone5500

Maybe an email such as a no-reply that will simply accumulate the replies and delete them after a couple days so-as not to fill the mail server. Users will simply have to deal with not getting a response. Include a disclaimer that the mailbox is unmonitored and replies will not be read.

6. Tony

That is where another issue comes into play. A no-reply@ email address is more likely to land in someones spam folder and/or be reported as spam. It also has about 5x the rate of unsubscribes over another email address. I'm still thinking about it.