Spektrum Replacing Rx in a Fixed Pitch micro heli?

stokke

I started out on a micro Nine Eagles Solo Pro (4ch).

I'm now wondering if it's possible to replace the stock NE Rx, with a Spektrum Rx.
Of course the plan would be to fly it with my DX7S.

Questions:

The bird does not have an external ESC, so I assume this resides inside the stock Rx?
The bird does not have a designated servo for rudder, only a small "motor" driving a torque tube.

I also noticed the rudder motor only having ground and power, no white signal wire.
The rudder, and main motor have 2-pin connectors.
The bird has only two servos. AIL and ELE.

Are there any Receivers out there which can be used for this purpose?

ne-sp228p-g-mech001-1.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Let me start off by saying, I DO NOT SUGGEST THIS!!!

On the old HBFP helis, they as well had brushed main and tail motors just like this one. You could take apart the Rx/ESC and undo the Rx part of it adn put in a DSM2 Rx in it's place. You had to use extension cables and such, plus there was a lot of setting up on the Tx, and even with all of that work, it flew worse than it did with the stock Tx.

Now I'm not saying this heli is the same way, but it looks similar. If you want to play around with it, take that Rx apart and get a small Rx to connect to the channels that are in there if there are pins to connect to.

stokke

Yeah, I figured as much...
Didn't really find anything when searching the web, and no Rx which would do the job straight off the bat either.

Guess I'm stuck with the small plastic Tx which came along with the bird.

Top Bottom