Repeated motor burn out

RandyDSok

You didn't list what load you are putting on the motor... that would consist of the airframe you are using it in, the props and how much throttle you are using typically.

Lee

We need to know what aircraft this is for.
As you put this in the RC Lounge, we can't even make a guess :)
RC Lounge is for non RC chat.
Tells us what the aircraft is, what prop size you are using, and I will move it to the right place in the forum.
At a guess, before knowing the facts, I'd say you have the wrong prop.

RandyDSok

i am running on a 9 inch prop with a flying wing

You need to pay attention to details more... just saying 9" on a flying wing isn't not detailed enough... there are many other specs that come into play and there are a number of sizes of flying wings some lighter and some much heavier.... the voltage you are using is another aspect that also must be considered.

Prop Selection: Remember to always use props designed for electric motors, nitro props are heavier and might overload the motor.
With 3S LiPO: 8x4, 7x6
With 2S LiPO: 10x6, 10x4.7

Even staying within those specs, you can still overload the motor/esc and burn them out. Running full throttle for too long will almost certainly overload it. Using a wattage/amperage meter to measure your amp draw will help you keep under the limits the motor/esc have.

RandyDSok

does it matter which prop i am running on because i have never put the motor on the plane.i just plug everything up and it smokes.

It matters that you didn't mention that info or exactly what was going on when you were asking for assistance, are we just suppose to guess. Sounds like you've got a wiring problem but I'm afraid to speculate at this point since you're missing so much info in your descriptions etc.

Lee

Ok so your set up is smoking before you even turn the motor, or after you give it some throttle?

Give us the exact specs of everything you have.
The Prop is 9inch you say, but there should be another number which represents the pitch. For example 9 X 4.
What would help even more, is to take a picture of everything, so if you don't know all the info, maybe we can see in the picture.
Is the wing a scratch built model that you are trying to fly for the first time, or did it have a motor/ESC and prop on there before?

The more info you can give us, the easier it will be to solve the problem. :)

Top Bottom