Repair...Satellite cord.

jody1974

Hey Trainrider06.I'm going to order a new dxms satellite receiver cord but I was wondering.The gray wire is almost cut in half right at the plug.Any way to fix this or should I just deep six it?

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure you can get new ends and a crimper for it, but in all honesty, I would just get a new one. They are not that much and you have the added assurance that you have a new cable that is not brittle (this is what caused mine to crack and thus corrode the wires).

trainrider06

Yeah like Tony said, I believe there is a crimper for that and plugs you can get, but if they are anything like JST connectors I am sure they are quite the pain to do! I'd just buy the new wire, shoot a good pair of crimpers are not cheap!

jody1974

Yeah.Its going to be easier and more sensible to replace.Don't need that to fail in mid flight but appreciate the input Trainrider.

trainrider06

If you plan to build a few heli's airplanes or just in general stay in the R/C hobby then I'd suggest checking out this site, and there are a couple more I have book marked if you want the links...
Servo city is one off top of my head. I have some nice ratchet crimpers I got either from there or another site (can't remember which one). But they are great and you can order some stock or back up parts for things that often get damaged in a crash. Then just repair em yourself. Be sure to give all your servo's a good looking over and test them watching very carefully thier operation also. Check for nicks in wires stressed connections...ask me how I know.

Top Bottom