Repair and new build...

Tasajara

Had a little time last week, so I pulled out my Finwing Air Titan I had crashed and started rebuilding.
I used Gorilla glue to hold it together. Then sanded all uneven sections or excess glue off.
After that I sprayed all glued areas with spray adhesive (3M 90) once it got tacky I layered Nylon Drywall mesh
over all glue joints. Then I sprayed all the mesh with more adhesive and used a bondo spreader to smooth it out.
Covered it with Monocoat..... I will have to say it turned out pretty well. I just wish I had to a before pic.
Just at the time I was kinda sick I crashed the plane so didn't want to do a pic. I had just put a new auto pilot and OSD all was working great
right up until we got a really bad cross wind on takeoff. It blew me off course just enough to hit a small dip and the cross wind got under the wing.
With 10,000 mAh 6S in the nose you can see why it was all busted up when it hit. Went up 8 feet then rolled and hit straight on the nose.
It was a two day job to repair.
I got to do my Re-maiden last Sat and it went Great. Funny thing I seemed more nervous that my first maiden LOL

On another note I finished another Mini Quad, BlueSky RC Wasp 280, added 10deg motor mounts to this one and Have it set up to run on 4s
only thing I am waiting on is my Vtx to go do some FPV....
Anyway enough typing here are the pics..

oh Yeah the color of the plane was decided by the only color I had enough scrap laying around to do the job :chuckles:

01 Air Titan.JPG

02  Air Titan.JPG

03  Air Titan.JPG

And here is my Wasp 280 all it needs is the rest of the FPV gear to go flying...

01 - purple wasp.JPG

02 - purple wasp.JPG

03 - purple wasp.JPG

04 - purple wasp.JPG

01 Air Titan.JPG

02  Air Titan.JPG

03  Air Titan.JPG

01 - purple wasp.JPG

02 - purple wasp.JPG

03 - purple wasp.JPG

04 - purple wasp.JPG

Tasajara

Thanks.. yeah it took me about 2 full days... Had to get my best FPV plane in the air... Using the head tracker and 390 degree camera mount is a lot of fun

trainrider06

I bet so, some really cool shots too, have you posted any video from flights of it?
Is the quad a build your own? Kit type or something of that sort? I don't know much about those
Being a heli guy. I'd like to maybe at some point get into planes down the road.

Tasajara

Thanks.... I have some video of the Finwing Air Titan here. This plane is my favorite to do FPV with it is so smooth... And the Head Tacker is so much fun to do... Makes you feel like you are on the plane...
I also Have a UHF setup on this plane so I am only limited by the range of my 5.8gHz setup..
Air Titan FPV with Head Tracker

The quad is from BlueSkyRC.com It is a Wasp 280...

I also Have the FPR250... It is a lot of fun to fly....

This is my build thread... Here....FPR250
I am friends with the owner of BlueSkyRC.com so that is why my build thread is where it is at ....
I hope to have some more video of the Air Titan this weekend if weather holds out....
I have a GoPro 4 Black I want to try out and see how well it does....

- - - Updated - - -

I also got My Race Band 5.8gHz Tx for my Wasp 280 in today... Should be able to try it out this weekend.. Just I lost my Mobius last weekend on a signal loss on my BlueFo plane....
So It will be a few weeks before I get another Mobius to record my flight AARRGGHHH!!!!

Last edited:

trainrider06

That was an awesome video! Great music track also! What a beautiful day it looked like to be flying!
That thing is smooth as silk isn't it? Great job!

Tasajara

Thanks again....

Yep it is my best flying plane as far as how well it handles wind... I fly it with 1500 watt / 2hp motor on 10,000 mAh 6s setup and a 15"x8" prop...
The weather should be great this weekend maybe I will have time to get another video..
BTW the video Music was wrote and played by a friend of mine Terry Culverson
Here is one of his other songs.... That Rocks...

Last edited by a moderator:

trainrider06

I've always admired guitar players, not an easy thing! He's got some great sounds! Well hope the weather plays out good for ya! If you get to do some more video post it, I'd like to see it!

Top Bottom