Removing HTML from ALL Forums

Tony

Staff member
In the next coming weeks, I will be removing all HTML from the forums. This means that you will not be able to post anything with HTML code. This will not bother most, but may bother some. I have become aware of some vulnerabilities within vBulletin that allows others to steal your username and password by installing a simple html file in a thread. Once you go into the thread, it can be something as simple as it logs you out, then when you log back in, it has your info.

So, because of that, I'm turning off HTML in all forums. If you want to embed a video, there is a button on the editor that all you have to do is post the link to the video, and it will load it via BB code. I know that I have said not to use that, but the new version of VB will allow iphone users to see the video. So, get used to using BB code and not HTML from now on. All existing HTML will not work after I make the change.

If you have any questions, just ask.

-Tony

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
It shouldn't affect either unless you are actually trying to type out HTML code on your little keyboard :biggrin1:

Top Bottom