General Remote Id - Commenting

bigone5500

I have submitted a comment on remote ID. I suggest anyone else enjoying this hobby do the same. Whether or not you feel it will have an impact, not commenting or doing anything at all is more damaging than you can imagine. We have to let them know how we feel about it. You can submit your comments here: Regulations.gov

Here is my comment.

I think implementing remote ID would strip away the things that have been a part of American heritage for decades. Things like teaching your child how to do a certain thing which, in this case, is building and flying a UAS, drones (FPV quadcopters) in particular. My son and myself enjoy flying helicopters, quadcopters, and planes as a hobby. If this happens, then the rules that are part of remote ID will in essence destroy any future memories that could have been made as we share a passion for this hobby. I personally feel like these rules should not apply to those who operate a UAS within their own property given they abide by the 400' rule.

I want my voice to be heard in that I am heavily against remote ID. I think that it should not be written in such a way that it causes hundreds of thousands of hobbyists to basically throw their passion in a garbage can. Many millions of dollars have been spent by hard working American people to purchase equipment that allows them to simply go outside and have fun. Enforcing remote ID would also impact many US based manufacturers and hobby stores whether online or a physical place to shop. Remote ID, in my opinion, is a bad decision as it has been proposed. It needs to be refined to allow amateur hobbyists to continue to operate their UAS without having to purchase additional equipment or spend money each month on a subscription that makes remote ID work.

In conclusion, I feel remote ID is a bad idea as it is and needs to be heavily refined.

Top Bottom