450 REF Tail Boom supports/Scale

Giby1

Can anyone tell me what to do with the tail boom supports when I am assembling a scale fuselage.
The supports will not fit in the fuselage. Can I go without the supports or do I have to juryrig some kind of boom support.
Any help is appreciated.
Bill
Gibyi

EyeStation

The Hughes 500 I had on my TRex 450, the owner removed them. The previous owner had a foam disk around the end of the boom that fit snugly into the tail opening of the fuse. I think that was the support mechanism for the boom within the fuse.
But without getting a copy of the instruction sheet, I don't know if this was a mod or not.

Giby1

The Hughes 500 I had on my TRex 450, the owner removed them. The previous owner had a foam disk around the end of the boom that fit snugly into the tail opening of the fuse. I think that was the support mechanism for the boom within the fuse.
But without getting a copy of the instruction sheet, I don't know if this was a mod or not.

Thanks EyeStation.
Will have to think about something on that order.

Tks Again
Giby1

EyeStation

Have a look at this at about 4:25. He mentions having to modify his tail brace and you will see the standoff he made will basically center the boom within the fuse.
[video=youtube_share;ZTTNEokF_d8]http://youtu.be/ZTTNEokF_d8[/video]
My manual for the Align 500E fuse does not even mention any modifications for the tail at all, and all the centering is done using the height shims under the frame. The manual is dated Oct. 2007. Not sure what 450's were available from Align then, but it has a flybar in the picture.

Giby1

The video on the 500E was great. It also cleared up another question on the tail pushrod.
As you can tell, I'm new to this scale stuff..
Thanks again.
Bill
Giby1
Dubuque Ia

Top Bottom