450 Really bad tail wag

DAL2855

Banned
On my Clone that I've converted to all Align parts except for the frame, now has really bad tail wag when it gets airborne. It's fine while it's on the ground, tail is holding rock solid, but as soon as it gets airborne the tail starts slamming from left to right about 90 degrees. This is a Flybarred heli using the Futaba GY520 Headlock gyro, and has the straight gears on it.

xokia

On my Clone that I've converted to all Align parts except for the frame, now has really bad tail wag when it gets airborne. It's fine while it's on the ground, tail is holding rock solid, but as soon as it gets airborne the tail starts slamming from left to right about 90 degrees. This is a Flybarred heli using the Futaba GY520 Headlock gyro, and has the straight gears on it.

I dont know that gyro but do you have an option to turn the gyro gain down?

Graham Lawrie

Is it a belt or torque tube? Sometimes the front tail gear if it is a belt drive can float or work slack. It is hard too spot but can account for a lot of vibration.

DAL2855

Banned
It's a TT version, and I've replaced every single part on it except for the frame itself with align parts well except for the head, but have an align head block which hopefully will arrive tomorrow. But everything else, main shaft, bearing blocks, tail boom, tail box, tail head, and everything is all Align parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah didn't even dawn on me til I read your post about the gyro gain, lemme give that a shot and see what happens!

- - - Updated - - -

Problem solved! Man can't believe I forgot all about adjusting the gyro gain! Dropped it from the initial 70 to 55 and worked like a charm! Thanks! Now just gotta replace the front TT drive gear, had little bit too hard of a landing and got that gear but man flies much better now that I got the tail gain adjusted!

Top Bottom