realflight 7

murankar

Staff member
Ill be broke at the end of February with that and the kit. come on its only a $50 upgrade for you. For me its $129.99.

Derek

Since the RF can now be used with my own tx, I'm probably going to get the RF7 when I get my tax return. I'm actually looking forward to flying online with you guys with the RF sim and not just the Phoenix. Should be a lot of fun!!!

Derek

I thought it was ONLY used with the crappy sim tx that comes with it! That's why I never bought it. Maybe it was just my misunderstanding...quite possibly so.

Anyway...I think I'll be getting the RF sim

Tony

Staff member
You still have to use the interlink controller, but you will do a passthrough with a cable that they supply that will connect directly to your DX8. Watch my video on it for more of an example. I show how to set it all up.

murankar

Staff member
For 129 you get a module that plugs into most popular brands. I know both my dx5e and th9x will both plug in without any adapters.

So if you looking at getting rf7 then look at the one with the module.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

BAdair

You still have to use the interlink controller, but you will do a passthrough with a cable that they supply that will connect directly to your DX8. Watch my video on it for more of an example. I show how to set it all up.

WHAT...?
Dang wish I had known or seen that way back.
Now to find your video..

BAdair

Thanks Tony!
I found on youtube and was watching, came back to post the link and you had beat me to it.. lol

Do you know if this will work with a DX7S ormaybe even my JR11x?

Tony

Staff member
It should work with both of them. They use the same trainer port as my DX8. Just remember to go into each model you fly and select "Passthrough". If you don't, weird things happen lol.

BAdair

Thanks again, I'm trying it now.
That's the only reason I tried the Chinese rip off on ebay was to get my flight radio to work with it. When it didn't work I was looking at buying RF7 strictly for the radio interface.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason it won't give me 2 selections on radio, just the one and there is no input from my DX7s or 11x on these settings G5.5 and G6
rf.jpg

rf.jpg

BAdair

Still the same.
I don't know why it won't show the interlink 8ch.
Could it be since I don't have the original cord? I have a futaba to spektrum adapter and a mono cable Im using. maybe there are more wires in the realflight cable..?

I ended up hooking the Chinese dongle back up and doing the pass through setting you said and it seems to be working good now like that with my DX7S!
with the dongle plugged in I have the option of the other radio, but with the interlink and my adapter cables to my DX7s, still just the one selection.

murankar

Staff member
Will see when I get it installed. I heard you can't but I still would like to try.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom