Realflight 7 TH9x ER9X and CYE STRINGRAY

murankar

Staff member
Finally got the stingray to fly with er9x and my th9x radio. I need to check the other quads to see if the fix works across the board. I used a standard heli setup with swash mixing set to 90° and collective to channel 6. Everything else is setup using the templates and making the necessary tweaks for fbl setup. I have an er9X file linked on this forum under another thread. You can use that file and start from there.

What was happening: When giving full negative collective the motor would shut off. I also would not get any climb while inverted. Right side up if I flipped to IU1 or 2 the quad would shoot straight up in to the air. Also throttle hold does not work as of yet, I need to figure that whole thing out.

What I did to correct the problem: First off what was happening is the throttle was being cut off while inverted and giving full collective. I looked at the curves and everything should have work just fine. Also when I was flipping the IU switch the quad would go full collective. So basically the channels were mixed up. Now on the knife edge forum CYE explains the channel assignment so the setup can be made correctly. So the final solution for me right now (this could change as i work with this more) was to flip the curves for channel three to pitch curves and for channel 6 make them throttle curves. I have switched the collective option to channel 6 instead of channel 3. I don't think this makes a whole lot of a difference, at least not in the sim. Anyhow if any of you Taranis guys want the file let me know I can post my newest file on this thread.

MY thoughts on the Stingray on real flight: I am loving this quad in the sim. I can only imagine how well this kit flies in real life. With the minor adjustments in the radio things are going much easier. I am learning how to make the turns with out crashing now and I am able to hove inverted with out loosing power during punch outs.

I hope you open source guys find this helpful.

murankar

Staff member
Quick update on the other two quads in real flight 7; Gaui 330X and the Heli Max 1SQ. So with the same settings as with the the stingray everything work just fine even throttle hold. As for the 1SQ i had to reverse channel 2. You can do this in one of two ways either in the radio or in realflight. I chose Realflight since it is the most straight forward approach. Go into your radio settings under the file menu. Edit your current radio and reverse channel 2. The down side is the screen radio will show the stick input backwards. In the actual radio itself go to the mixes screen and on channel 2 make the 100 in column 2 read -100. Same as with the other method the screen radio will show the input backwards. I do not use any of the realflight mixing options I have the radio to handle all the mixings.

Here is my setup in real flight

rf71sqSetup.png

rf71sqSetup.png

murankar

Staff member
This file has all the channels mapped to there correct assignments for the stingray. In RF7 just make sure that all the channels are matched to their drop down menu. Basically it should look like this:

LEFT COL RIGHT COl
Channel 1 mapped to Channel 1
Cahnnel 2 mapped to Channel 2
Channel 3 mapped to Channel 3

Ect, ect ect.......

This is an eepe file for your th9x that uses er9x. You can open this file in eepe and custom make your own Taranis file by hand just by following what I did. Just make sure you visit every screen. The only thing I can not get to work is the head speed. I have only two positions available in RF7 even though I have a 3 position switch. If anyone can get this to work let me know. Also Throttle hold now works.

View attachment gauiX3.zip

Top Bottom