Projects RCPowers Extra 300s

Timerider

Started a new build Monday. Dollar Tree foamboard. Plans were found at RCPowers.com Wingspan is 35.5", nose to rudder is 35". I am going to stuff it with the motor and electronics I pulled off my RCH Bipe, (it did not survive an unplanned, hard landing). Green on the nose is actually fluorescent, cell phone does not reproduce colors accurately indoors. Be out of town for a few days, so hopefully, next week at this time it will be ready for a maiden. A1.jpgA2.jpg

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

wolfman76

how did you get the 35.5" wingspan from dollar tree foamboard???at it's longest i think it is only 30"?? other then that looking good man!!

Timerider

Wolfman, hotglued two pieces together to get span. Seam is right down the middle, vertical fuse will glue to it. The way the two halves interlock, it should be pretty sturdy. I hope to have it finished in a couple of days. Tony, Edge 540 will be next on the build list when I trash this one.

Timerider

Finished and ready for maiden, looking like maybe Friday evening. KDA A20-20l 1050 kv, YEP 18a esc, Tower Pro 9g servo's, Spektrum AR6100e rx, 9x5 and 10x3.8 props, G-Force 3s 1300mah.A3.jpgA4.jpg

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

Timerider

Took the Extra out for the maiden this evening. Needed some minor trim adjustment and shift of the battery and it flew great! Seems to favor the 10x3.8 prop. I haven't hooked it up to a wattmeter yet, so I don't know just what it is pulling. Planning on doing that tomorrow. It snap rolls real nice! Once I get more familiar with it, I plan to get more aggressive with the flying. For now, am satisfied with it. I don't have any way right now to get a video of it in flight. My dumb phone doesn't do video.

Tony

Staff member
Find a friend with a "not so dumb phone" to record it for you lmao. Sounds like it flew great.

Top Bottom